Zip lining

The results had been posted. My whole group, or what was left of it, passed.
1. Dan
2. Max
3. Tina
4. Michael
5. Emma
6. Adrian
7. John
8. Ellie
9. Tom
10. Katie

Two girls and two boys from Tobias got in. And the rest were from my group.
We celebrated with Dauntless cake. "How come so little of your group got in?" I asked.
"Well many were disqualified for cheating and beating up their opponent before the fight. So sucks for them." He shrugged. "Tomorrow you will go through Tris's fear landscape. Not your own." Tobias addressed the group, "what about Four?" Dan asked, sneering slightly at him.
"He is the one overlooking the whole thing, making sure you don't die in there." I exaggerated. "You must have some bad fears. How many?" Dan asked. I held his gaze steadily. "I have six fears." I replied. There were a few raised eyebrows and looks of impressment.
"How many does Four have?" He asked. Four levelled his gaze. "I have four fears." He replied steadily.
Dan smirked, "kind of ironic that Four has four fears...?" Dan questioned. Some people gazed at Tobias with even more respect.
"That's why I'm called Four. Stupid" he hushed the last word to himself.
"Anyway... Why don't the remaining survivors do something. Special today?" I asked before Dan could make a smart remark.
"Zip lining?" Michael asked. I felt Tobias tense beside me, no one else noticed.
"Uh... Sure. Zip lining sounds like a great idea. We can go after we finish off the cake." I said, clearly seeing Tobias unable to reply. Everyone laughed and scoffed down the cake as fast as possible. I looked at Tobias who was very pale, biting his lip nervously. I grabbed his hand reassuringly. "You can do it. I'll be here for you." I hushed. He calmed down slightly but wouldn't stop biting his lip and trembling.
"Well... Let's get going." I said as we walked out the door, my hand still clutched in Tobias's grasp.

We made it, hauling our selfs up on the train we helped the remaining people get on. Out of breath they sat down, chatting excitedly. Tobias and I sat on a seat, Dan was eyeing him the whole time. "Everyone jump off the train!" Tobias yelled, hurrying them. He and I jumped off together, landing smoothly as we led the way up to the zip lining.
The elevator was slightly cramped, Tobias was uncomfortable. Not only was it claustrophobic but his grip on me got tighter and tighter as we went higher and higher. Two of his four fears had already started. Probably not his idea of spending a good day. His knuckles were white from grasping my hand so far, his grip loosened slightly as I stroked his hand with my thumb, whispering reassuring things in his ear.
When we reached the top many people had gone. Zeke and Christina were there hooking up people, she turned to Tobias "Your turn." She said.
Tobias hesitated, trembling all over again, cold sweat trickling down his forehead. "I- I can't!" He gasped, gulping in air. I grabbed his hand with both of mine.
"Yes you can!" I whispered determinedly in his ear. He looked at me pleadingly. "Christina can you hook us both up?" I asked, my gaze not tearing from Tobias.
"Well... You are pretty small. I guess you could fit." She frowned, scratching her head and mulling it over.
Tobias turned to me, "No! You'll fall out an-"
"If I fall out, which isn't possible, you'd catch me. And I won't" I smiled. He didn't look so sure. I kissed him, "We are staying together okay?" I said.
"Awww!!! I- I mean... Uh. Eeww.." Christina said.
"Shut up! You're a terrible lier." I blushed. We walked over to the harness, Christina securing it around both of us. "Ready. Se-" I jumped off, not waiting for her to push me. My back was against Tobias's chest, we were falling, the familiar sensation overtook me as I smiled. Christina was laughing behind us. Tobias shouted in my ear "Tris. TRIS I DON'T LIKE THIS!!! I DON'T LIKE THIS AT ALL!" His body went into spasm and he clutched his eyes shut. I grabbed his hands, entwining them with mine.
"Look Tobias we are flying." He opened his eyes and I stretched our arms to our sides like wings. He started shaking, was he crying? No. He was... Laughing? He started whooping and cheering, laughing his head off as he took in the view.
He extended our arms as far as they could go, "We are flying! We are actually flying!" He laughed happily and whooped again. I joined In.
We were nearing the ground. "Don't worry Tris. We won't hit it because we are flying." I was surprised by his confidence. He believed in it. Tobias wrapped his arms protectively around me as we hurtled towards the ground, we stopped in mid-air. I could hear both our hearts beating quickly in sync. I unbuckled the harness as Tobias and I fell towards the net of arms and hands. He twisted his body so I was above him, protecting me at all costs. We hit the net and bounced off.
"Let's DO THAT AGAIN!!!" Tobias yelled. The dauntless cheered and whooped their agreements, Tobias was bouncing around like a little kid, a big un-contained goofy smile spreading across his face. It was contagious. I smiled back and joined in the cheers of "DAUNTLESS!!! DAUNTLESS!!! DAUNTLESS!!!" All the way up to the elevator. Tobias cheering the loudest of all.