Chapter 2

" I will not allow you to go to Isengaurd! The thought is ridiculous, you belong here! With you family!" Thranduil raged at Gandalf's idea to tutor me from the centre of magic.

"My family? I don't believe that's entirely true Thranduil! Maybe you should explain who I really am?!" I countered, rage filling my heart.

"Adriana, calm down, you need to think clearly before you make the decision. I have every faith in you." Legolas whispered in my ear, surrounding my weak form with a bear hug.

"Did you know?" I accused, breaking out of his warm embrace. I stared at him, my eyes narrowing, I wasn't sure how, but I managed to find my way into his head.

'You have to believe me Adriana, I didn't know until you read Gandalf's mind. You know that people can not lie through this sort of connection' His thoughts echoed around my head.

'Legolas, I believe you. Do not fret' I replied. Looking into his eyes with trust in mine.

'Adriana I really am sorry everything my father has done...' He apologised.

'Its not your fault Legolas. I wish I could stay here, but I want to know who I am. I need to do this, and I will see you again. This isn't goodbye, it's just farewell.' I explained, a smile gracing my face. He smiled back at me, his face grinning handsomely.

"Gandalf I'll leave her fate in your hands, however, if one scratch ever reaches her skin I will have your head on a stick outside my hall!" Thranduil warned, I wasn't scared by his threat though, because I knew of his 'dark side' from many years getting into masses of trouble. He really meant nothing by it.

"I will leave Mirkwood tomorrow, and I will return when I have learned all there is of my people." I decided. Legolas smiled sadly, Thranduil bowed his head to me and Gandalf placed his arm delicately on my shoulders.

"If there is ever anything you need, I will remain ever in your reach, for you will always know where to find me." Thranduil said, a tear sliding down his face. I saw how much letting me go would hurt him. I took a few steps forward and embraced him, placing a kiss softly on his cheek. He smiled sweetly, but Legolas placed a hand on my shoulder, telling me it was time to go. I grabbed his hand and dragged him out of the hall towards my room. I grabbed a pack and Legolas began to pull clothes out of my wardrobe. They were mostly for hunting, but I was handed a few dresses as well, incase of any formal events that might happen.

"I wonder Adriana, whether I could accompany you on your journey? You may find my company a bore, however I would like to be the last of the Mirkwood elves to say goodb... I mean, farewell." Legolas asked, when he started to say goodbye I sent him daggers, I would not let him believe that he wouldn't see me again. An emotion filled my heart, stronger than anything I had ever felt before, I didn't want to leave his presence, I wanted to feel his arms around me again. I shook my head and rid myself of the feeling, this was going to be very hard.

"I would love to have your company , for you have always been my best friend, apart from Tauriel. Also, imagine a five day journey with Gandalf, I'm sure he's nice, but I barely know him, and I'm not sure how much there would be to talk about!" I replied. "Speaking of Tauriel, I should go and tell her where I'm going to be for the next part of our lives." I added. I saw a look of sadness in his eyes, I would miss him so. 'Don't forget that we can talk like this when we miss each other!' I thought. I saw that he had heard me. He embraced me gently, whispering in my ear...

"We shall talk every day, if only in our minds." He promised. I smiled, this wouldn't be as hard as I thought.

"You shall know every morning when I am awake, and every night when I go to sleep." I promoted sarcastically, hugging Legolas tighter. I kissed his cheek lightly and felt an electric shock. I jumped back, looking shell shocked! Legolas mirrored my expression. I reached out and took his hand. It tingled slightly. I turned it over, noticing markings. I looked at his palm, realising that he had a mark there, it was the elvish symbol for unity, or affection. I looked at my own palm, the same mark was there! I held up my hand so he could see it and smiled.

"It must be fate that let us have such a bond. I believe that our lives are entwined." Legolas stated wisely. I bowed my head to him. Knowing this would most likely be that last moment I had alone with him.

I went to visit Tauriel, telling her all about what was happening. She listened and suggested we went out to practise our archery together, just like old times. I called Legolas mentally, telling him to bring our bows. I decided not to tell her about the marks until I first learnt of their meaning from Gandalf, it hurt me to keep something from her, however I feared that this was much bigger than our friendship. We shot our arrows for a bit, but the light soon faded from the sky, so we had to return to the city. I said my final farewell to Tauriel as I suspected that I would not see her again for a long time. I promised her that I would talk to her through a connection as well. I sighed, knowing this was the end of my last day in Mirkwood.