Chapter 16

Adriana's POV

I felt a push against my consciousness. Pricking my ears I let the foreign mind seep into mine, finding it out to be not so foreign. I smiled as I recognised it to be Gandalf.

'What have you hidden from me?' He scolded. The tone of his thoughts did not match my own happy ones. 'Why do you break the trust that I have given you?'

'What do you mean?' I growled mentally. My heart was breaking after Legolas had argued with me, now my only family was using magic to anger me as well! I realised my fangs had grown out and were sticking out from under my top lip. It vibrated as a growl escaped my lips. It was short, yet I could sense Tauriel stiffen beside my in fear.

'Legolas travels with me-'

'Why does the prince travel with you?,He wishes me dead!' I hissed. My hackles rising. Looking down at myself I realised I was changing. My skin became a shadow, my hair became a stream of clear water, and my eyes burned with fire. Tauriel must be so afraid of me now. I thought, but my anger held me back from doing anything. Without explanation I drew shadows towards me and felt myself squeeze into nothing. I traveled towards the location of Gandalf, meaning to instil in him the same fear that plagued my friend.

-----------------------

Legolas's POV

Out of nowhere the shadow seeped in to form a creature the likes of which I had never seen before! It's skin was the same darkness as the shadows that had surrounded it just moments before, it's hair was like a river, flowing water trickling down its back. As I looked closely at its face I saw that the creature resembled Adriana. My breath caught in my throat as I realised that this was Ria in her true Deauthduran form. She was magnificent, but her eyes were what caught me the most. They gleamed with the fire of a dragon. I still had nightmares of the siege of Erebor, her eyes were filled with the same flames that had burned the lonely mountain.

"Ria..." I breathed. She turned her head to look at me. The flames on her eyes softened as she recognised me. Suddenly a gust of wind pushed me back out of her radius. I sent her a confused look which she waved away with a flick of her wrist. Turning to Gandalf she let loose a growl which sent shivers down my spine.

Her body was of the same shape as it always had been, but it was now more feline almost. There was something catlike about the way she stood.

"Why do you come to travel with me?" She ask the wizard. Her voice was both melodious and dreadful, beautiful and yet terrifying, musical and also mortifying. It set my teeth on edge and filled my heart with affection. I wanted to both shy away in fear, and listen to her voice for a thousand years.

"Adriana, by the power of the Maiar I order you to take us to your camp. Calm down my niece, you will think more clearly when you are back to normal..." Gandalf tried to reason, however he was cut off.

"Back to normal! This is my natural form, I keep it hidden because I have never seen another one of my kind. I will not calm down until you explain why you are trying to stop me from doing what is right for my people!" She chided. I flinched at the harshness of her words.

"Please Ria, let us explain." I asked. She turned her flaming gaze to me. Scoffing slightly she shook her head, a smile playing on her lips.

"Why should I let someone who wishes me dead reason with me?" She spat. I could feel the anger radiating from her skin. In spite of her majesty and the burning love I felt for her she struck my dumb with her words. I did not wish her dead, in fact I came to her aid to avoid that. If I could not save her I would die trying! Those had been my exact thoughts!

"I would never wish you dead. I warned you of the peril of the journey, but now I am here to help you! I it would break my heart to see you die. Please, you must let us explain, I'm so sorry-"I pleaded. My heart was breaking at the thought of how badly I must have hurt her without meaning to.

"I can't trust you anymore Legolas. Nor can I trust my uncle. You must return to Mirkwood, I will continue on my journey." She interrupted. Tears pricked my eyes, but it held them back to be strong for her.

"I won't let you go alone." I hissed through my bared teeth, clenching them to stop myself from weeping. I drew my twin blades and held them before her. "I give you my daggers and bow my lady" I offered, kneeling before her.

Looking up into her eyes I saw the raging war of emotions inside her.

'I love you Legolas' she spoke in my head. Before I could react she made her decision.

"I do not accept your offer, nor do I offer you my service. Return to Mirkwood princeling else I shall take you back myself." She threatened.

'I love you, therefore you must return.' I spoke in her mind.

She smiled, nodding to me. Before I could react she drew the shadows inwards and disappeared as silent as a shadow.

"I will return to you' was the last I heard of her.

Hi all. Hope you enjoyed this chapter, not sure how I should talk about Ria's journey though. Any ideas???

As usual comment, vote and share!