Chapter 13

Legolas's POV

I sighed, was it really possible that I'd been played for a fool?

"Legolas, may I come in?" A frustrated voice called from outside my room. I realised that they must have been knocking at my door for a while!

"Come in." I sighed wearily. My father traipsed through the room, looking as tired and broken as I felt.

"Why are you not helping Ria? I thought the two of you were in love!" My father questioned. I just shook my head.

"Why must love be so complicated?" I almost sobbed.

"I heard your argument. Why did let yourself believe what she said in a split second. You know now she can be." The King soothed.

"How do you know she lies?" I snarled. I did not mean to sound at all rude, but my father was trying my patience.

"I talked to her ion-nin. She was truly hurt by her actions and yours. Will you please look at me!" My father explained and instructed.

I turned, frustration clear in my features.

"How can you believe her Ada? I wonder why I thought you were wise!" I growled. Realising what I had said I cupped my hand over my mouth, "I'm sorry..." I whispered. I expected my father to strike me, or storm out of the room, instead he held me in his arms.

"Do you see now why I believed her?" He asked me confidently. I nodded my head, trying with all my strength not to cry.

"I am so sorry Ada." I repeated.

"Let the tears fall, I have cried many a time before, you must do the same." He whispered in my ear. I thought for a moment, wondering if there was any end to my predicament. Adriana hated me, my father had finally decided to open up, (which was something I knew he didn't want to do), and the one person I had ever loved in the world was ridding to her possible death. Despair garbed me in her embrace, pulling me down into her murky depths.

"Do not fret ion-nin, I want you to do something for me." My father stated, slightly questioning my ability to follow orders.

"Anything my king." Was all I could reply with.

"Ride out, you must protect the one thing you hold dear. Will you do this for me? Bring Ria back alive my son." Were my orders. I didn't take them in as usual. Instead of the passion to serve my kingdom, I felt a passion towards Ria, I had to save her. I would die for her. I nodded, slowly at first, but becoming surer with every second that passed. There was a fire in my heart that I had never felt before.

"Saddle up my son's horse, get him food and weapons quickly! Make haste!" My father called to one of the guards that had accompanied him to my room.

"Bring them both back alive." My father repeated softly. With that I ran down to gather supplies, readying myself for the long journey ahead.

Hey guys! Look I know this chapter was really short but I just wanted to put emphasis on the passion that Legolas has for Ria. Also I wanted to get Thranduil to support the pairing a little more. I'm getting a little bit of writers block, so if you could tell me some suggestions in the comments that would be amazing! I'll make sure to use all of them in one chapter or another.

As usual, comment, vote and share!

P.S I found out today that this story has over 160 reads! Thank you sooooooooooo much for all your support!

-Rach