Chapter 11

Dream

Death surrounded me. I felt like crying, but that wouldn't do anything. I looked at the sight before me, quickly picking out the three faces I least wanted to see.

"NO!!!!!!" The simple word reverberating around the red stone cavern I was in. The corpses of Legolas, Thranduil and Tauriel standing out of the disembodied limbs.

"Adriana, come to me my dear." A voice behind me asked, rather ordered. I turned to see a shadow whipping around the form of a young man.

"Did you kill them?" I accused.

"No, but I know who did." He taunted.

"Who did this?" I growled. He smirked, pointing to...me, he was pointing at, at me. I looked down at myself. I was covered in blood. I smelt the blood, realising in horror that it belonged to the people of Mirkwood. The Silvan elves! The carnage around me was my fault. There were limbs and blood littered around, separated from their original owners by my own shadows.

"You are a murderer Adriana. You have no place in your so called home!" The necromancer taunted. I let out a scream, in frustration, anger and sadness.

"Legolas, Legolas please, don't be dead." I whimpered as. My eyes looked on his lifeless form. I moved over to him, my legs dragging. Kneeling, I took his head in my hands and tears of anger fell. I turned to the necromancer, a blind rage coursing through me. I ran over to him and grabbed him in a tight head lock. I swiftly snapped his head to the side, breaking his neck. Just for good measure I struck my hand into his chest and ripped out his only just beating heart.

I returned to Legolas's side, tears rolling down my chin. One of the droplets fell on his cheek. I realised that it wasn't salt water, it was blood. I whipped one from under my eye, and smelt it. It was the blood of the elf lying dead beside me.

"Why? WHY?" I screeched.

Death was my life, now I couldn't get away from the devastation. Thoughts ricocheted around my head. This was only one of them.

------------------------------------------

"Adriana, please, wake up." The voice of an angel, my angel. As I was brought back to my conscious form I realised that the angel was in fact Legolas. My eyes flew open. I sat up so quickly I hit my head against someone else's.

"I'm so so..." I tried to apologise but I realised how close my face was to his. I noticed how if either of us moved the slightest amount then our lips would meet.

"Could we have some privacy please?" Legolas asked politely. I noticed that there were healers surrounding the bed that I was laid on.

"My lord we must check her memory, find out if she is mentally well!" One of the younger healers argued. She was given a scorning look from her elders.

"If you please, I am perfectly fine. If I portrayed any strange symptoms whilst I was asleep then it was due to a rather personal reason, not a medical one." I explained.

"Of course my Queen." The eldest healer replied, ushering the others out and away, closing the door behind her.

"I really hate it when people call me Queen. I have yet to be crowned and simply being able to use my powers doesn't give me the right to be the ruler of life! I must gain the Valar's blessing or nought will be allowed." I fretted, the burden of my heritage suddenly hitting me.

-------------------------------------------

"So, you have returned. What, dear Adriana, have you learned in the long decades you have been away for?" Thranduil questioned. I had come, hoping to find him in as merry a mood as ever before, but something had changed him. Something that was not entirely good.

I decided that explaining things. Wasn't going to work. I reached my hand towards the torches illuminating the room. The flames bent down, as if bowing to me. The leapt high into the air and set off sparks. I moved them towards Thranduil, circling him with the burning heat. I knew he would have to respect my abilities so I we to one step further.

Biting my lip I brought the flames towards me. They doused me in the ticklish fashion as they have always done. In awe and fear I was witnessed.

"Do you now respect my power ElvenKing?" I asked, my voice echoing around the cavernous hall.

"I do." Was all he replied with. I a single sweeping motion I extinguished the flame, descending the room into darkness. I clicked my fingers, shooting flames from my hand towards the torch brackets, setting alight once more.

"Ria! You had so much potential! To think that I tried to talk you out of learning that!" Was the reaction from Legolas. I turned the the King, smirking.

"What say you Thranduil? Will you crown me?" I asked, curiously.

"I will, when you have vanquished the enemy you spoke of at Imladris. Before you argue, it was not Lord Elrond that told me of your outburst, but Saruman! You will make a fine leader Adriana, but do not become to eager to rule. I assure you it is not all it's told to be." Thranduil cautioned. His words rang with wisdom, yet I wanted to argue. I made my way back to my room, muttering under my breath.

----------------------------------------

"Legolas, will you come with me to Angmar?" I asked cautiously. We had arrived at my room and were sat on my king sized bed. The silk quilt cover sent child through my thin riding trousers. For I had not changed since traveling with the dwarves.

"Adriana, do you realise how much danger you would put yourself into? I could not help you get yourself killed! You know how I feel for you!" Legolas objected.

"And yet I have been gone for so long! How can you say you hold such affections for me?"

"I love your Adriana and that will never change!"

"Forgive me prince, but I don't believe you." I snarled.

Before I could register what had gapped I felt soft lips crash into mine. Impulsively I pulled away.

Standing in shock I took a moment to calm the ranging sea of emotions in me.

SLAP

My hand met the elf prince. A large red mark appearing on his face.

"I warned you, Thranduilion, that if you were to violate my trust I would cause you pain, it seems you did not head my threat." I spat, before turning on my heel and storming out of the room.

Hi guys! Do you like the idea of everyone respecting her or do you think it's too rushed? I love hearing your comments to please vote comment and share!