Chapter 1

It all started at an office party.

Charles Lee, the manager of the company that serves the boss, was the one who originally decided to hold it. Christmas time was here and he thought a christmas party would be a good idea for some team building crap. George Washington, the boss, approved it so now everybody in the company was gathered in the lobby and lounge, laughing and joking and drinking egg nog. All but Alexander Hamilton, who was a designer and assistant to Mr. Washington. Alexander was in the corner of the building at a small table, sketching out designs upon designs and cluttering his sketchbook with scribbled notes that looked like a foreign alien language. Peggy Schuyler, one of the interns, walked over to Hamilton with a sigh.

"An amazing party and here you are in the corner with your work. We're all on break AND being paid for being here! Why not relax?"

"Too much work."

"Too much work to socialize or too much work to be done?"

Alexander laughed a bit and flipped the page. "A little bit of both, Peggy." Peggy sighed and walked away to hang out with the other intern, Maria. Alexander continued working and began sketching out designs for a bride to build in town. It was a decent design, yes, but Alexander got bored with it quickly. All of his designing just kept getting boring to him and now it was just completely useless to even sketch. So, he flipped the page and began sketching other things. Animals, people, objects, other things like that. Until he caught himself looking up from his work and gazing at his boss. It was inappropriate of Alexander to think the way that he did yet he always was. No matter what he was doing he would always get caught admiring George Washington for just about everything he did. God, Alexander loved almost everything about him. From his smile to his shining grey-blue eyes, Alexander was head over heels for him. But, of course he could never say that with his job at stake, He was Mr. Washington's right hand man and there was no way he could ever say anything like THAT to him. George would fire him immediately and then he wouldn't hear the end of it from his friends. Thomas Jefferson would be the first to find out which would lead to him telling all of social media and then Alexander would try to deny it before anybody could ask George about it and then that would make it even more suspicious until finally Alexander had a panic attack or worse and died.

He shook his head a bit and looked back to his sketch book, blushing when he realized he had been drawing his boss. Quickly ripping out the page and crumpling it up, he threw it away and went back to sketching buildings and bridges and such. Work was such an easier thing to focus on than love. It distracted him from the outside world and allowed him to just stop thinking. Thinking hurt.

George Washington was standing by the snack table with Aaron Burr, thinking of some way to get the hell out of the conversation. He was going on about some random business thing but George wasn't quite there. No, it was focused onto other things. Things that didn't really matter too much at the moment but probably would later. His work, the files he never organized, Hamilton's hair, the receipts and he was supposed to add up, more work. Hamilton's shining eyes. George saw Angelica come over and she winked at him, pulling Aaron Burr away from the conversation and giving him some punch. George mouthed a thank you and walked away to find somebody he could actually have a conversation with. Aaron Burr never really... talked. He talked, obviously, but it was about other people and he never really told anybody about anything in his life or how he was feeling. It was odd. Come to think of it, all George really knew about Aaron was that he was married to a woman named Theodosia.

George snapped out of his thoughts as he saw Hamilton in the corner of the room at a small table. Of course, he was surrounded by 3 pencils, a red laptop, and his sketch book. Leave it to Hamilton to never be able to stop working. He walked over to Hamilton and smiled, catching his attention almost immediately. "Hamilton it's a party, why not relax?" He laughed, sipping some egg nog. Alexander closed his sketch book and looked up at his boss with a nervous smile.