Chapter 21

Thomas decided that sleeping in a cabin was not so bad. He couldn't really say it was a bad experience if he was lying in Washington's arms and under 2 thick fluffy blankets.

"Are you purring?" George asked, kissing his head. "It sounds like you are, love~" Thomas blushed and hid his face in his mass of hair.

"Maybe~ Nobody ever said that Alex was your only kitten~" He giggled. George smirked and snaked his arms around Thomas's waist.

"Oh really now~? Well, then I better-"

Alex slammed the door open wearing just a towel around his waist.

"THE WATER IS SO FUCKING COLD, GUYS, AND I ACCIDENTALLY WALKED IN ON SEABURY AND KING DOING SHIT TOGETHER AND IT WAS REALLY AWKWARD I MEAN THEY WERE JUST KISSING BUT THEY WERE NAKED AS FUCK AND I HAD TO USE THE SEPERATE SHOWERS ACROSS THE CAMPGROUND BECAUSE I GOT FREAKED OUT BUT THEN I WALKED IN ON LAFAYETTE AND HERCULES AND JOHN DOING SHIT AND NOW I FEEL LIKE EVERYBODY IS HAVING HOT SHOWER SEX BUT US AND I WANNA DO THAT BECAUSE WE HAVENT YET BUT NOW I WANNA SLEEP."

Thomas and George stared at Alex before scooting over and making room for him in the middle of them. Hamilton changed into some sweats and a tank top and climbed into bed with them.

George leaned into Alex's ear and whispered, "Thomas was purring earlier~ We've decided you're not the only kitten here~" Thomas heard them perfectly and buried himself under the blankets.

"George c-come on!" He whined, covering his face. Alex moved the blankets and Thomas's hands.

"I think it's absolutely adorable we have another kitten in the relationship~" Alex teased, holding his hand.

Thomas blushed and mumbled, "Whatever, guys."

George smiled and closed his eyes, pulling them close to him. "Enough talk, it's late and I'm gonna have a hangover in the morning. If I don't get any sleep then I'll get cranky." He sighed before relaxing into the comfort the bed held.

Alex closed his eyes and so did Thomas, silently agreeing that it truly was late and they were all pretty tired. Alex and George fell asleep rather quickly, clinging to each other like koalas to trees. But Thomas couldn't fall asleep no matter what he tried. So, he untangled himself from the others and went outside for a walk.

He only had 6 days left. On Monday morning at 12... "Was it one?" He mumbled, scratching his head as he sat by the empty firepit. There was no light, just a strand of smoke floating into the air. It was put out about an hour or less ago. On Monday morning he would have to go meet Charles at the pool -

"That dreaded pool" he muttered

-and he would never see George or Alex again. He had 6 days to spend with them and do whatever he wanted before he would be forced to leave them for good. Leave everybody for good. Thomas let out a sigh and put his head in his hands.

Jentsie came out of her cabin in a loose tank and shorts. Thomas thought she was out of her mind to be wearing a tank and shorts with the breeze blowing so late at night. She had a bottle of gatorade in her right hand and her phone in the left. She went over and sat next to Thomas, staring at the smoke rising into the air.

"Can't sleep?" She said, handing him the gatorade. He nodded and took it, immediately taking a large gulp of it. Jentsie opened her phone and checked her snapchat.

"Yeah I know the feeling. I've kinda become an insomniac over the years so... you know how that goes." She mumbles before closing her phone and staring at the ground.

Thomas explains, "I've never had a good night's sleep. Too many nightmares, too much paranoia, etcetera." She nodded along.

"Jentsie, can I ask you something?"
"It's 11 at night ask me anything."
"Have you been abused as well?"

Jentsie's expression of exhaustion didn't change. In fact it might have actually increased, but Thomas couldn't tell in the darkness of the woods. She was silent, staring into the woods with a distant look in her bright blue eyes. Thomas spoke, "You don't have to tell me if you don't feel comfortable, I know that feeling." Jentsie shook her head and mumbled something, Thomas didn't catch it, before she stood up straight and began.

"I had a boyfriend. He was... a bad person. I mean, hell, it's an abusive relationship it's not like I have to explain. He hit me, tortured me, beat me, yelled at me, and raped me. It was your typical abusive relationship." She explained, sipping the gatorade like it was the only drink she had left.

"It lasted a year or two, I don't remember. When it ended I kinda cut myself off from everybody... I left my family alone, haven't talked to them in five years actually, and I left all my friends too. Depression struck, along with some self hate and stuff... Then I met John Laurens and his friends and I slowly kinda... got betterish."

"Ish? Betterish?"

"....Nobody ever comes out of a war without an injury or two. Lose a leg, an arm, a friend, a piece of sanity, a feeling of peace. Doesn't matter what you lose, physical, emotional, or mental, you're gonna lose something or someone... I still have some slight issues with yelling and confrontation and stuff. But, I'm ok for the most part. I've got a nasty scar on my back though from the night I called the ambulance... I was bleeding a lot, didn't really need one but called anyway, and he got so mad he hit me again... Then... Then he got arrested a few hours later."

Thomas stared at her. He took in every part of Jentsie. The crystal clear tears rolling down her rosy pink cheeks to the way her bangs covered her eyes just enough so she could still see a bit to the way her hands twitched and she had to do something with her fingers to be satisfied. Her knee bounced up and down. She needed to be moving, staying still was something she was uncomfortable with. Thomas couldn't imagine what he had done to her that made her so afraid of being still.

She sighed and shook her head. "I shouldn't ramble so much, I'm sorry-" Thomas cut her off by hugging her, pulling her close and tight to his chest. She freaked at first, afraid of the sudden contact. But once he loosened his grip she relaxed and leaned into him, taking in the comfort.

"It's ok... We all gotta talk about shit sometimes..." He whispered, rubbing circles on her back.

She nodded and mumbled, "Thank you, Thomas. I guess I spend all my time listening to other people's fears and problems that I never think about sharing my own... You're a good listener..."

Thomas let go of her and she blurted out, "And I don't care if you abused Alex, I mean, I'm not angry at you for that." He froze and then looked away, not wanting to meet her eyes.

He always felt shameful to think about what he did. Thomas had given Alex the same treatment and pain that Charles had given him, and that wasn't something he liked to compare and contrast everyday. But, the thoughts would always flow into his head. When Alex bit his nails when nobody was looking or when he twitched and flinched at contact in certain areas. Thomas had been careful not to move his hair out of his face, knowing that was a sensitive gesture. He had to pull George aside and warn him about it, making sure that Alex wouldn't have to feel the memories run through his head. Alexander's pain was the same as Thomas', and he knew that he couldn't blame Charles for Alexander's pain when he was the one who did it.

"Thank you, Jentsie. We should go to bed, yeah?" Thomas smiled, changing the subject as fast as he could. Jentsie nodded, understanding what he wanted really. It wasn't a secret that Thomas wanted to get back in bed with his lovers. Jentsie was dying to get back in bed with John Adams and Aaron Burr and force him to watch all of the episodes of Sherlock.

It was also no secret that Thomas, Alex, and George's polyamorous tendencies had given other people in the camp ideas.

Jentsie and Thomas said goodnight to each other and went to their separate cabins.