Chapter 3

x

I had fallen asleep in the early morning, Chelsea the same. She had shut her eyes but still shifted uncomfortably on the double bed. 

Our wrists were still bound by shiny silver as we cuddled together to try and make warmth in the suddenly freezing cold room, with nothing to keep us warm but a thin, ripped sheet of blanket.

I probably got about three hours sleep before I decided I couldn't do it any more. The clock on the wall stated in a gleaming red that it was 11 o'clock in the morning. My mind lay awake. When would they come and get us? And more importantly, what would they do with us?

I waited for Chelsea to get up, I knew she stayed awake long after I passed out in exhaustion so I allowed her to sleep a while longer but when the lock on the door jiggled and the door burst open she shot up.

Daniel, Ethan and another disgustingly handsome stranger entered and folded his arms across his chest.

"You haven't slept. Can't have that." Ethan said with a 'tsk' noise.

I hissed at him as he came nearer to me and he laughed, turning towards the other two.

"She's feisty, I just hope she learns how to control it in front of Tate and Harv." 

Chelsea seemed to have lost whatever spark she had before as her face remained sullen, I had decided to keep my mouth shut as well.

"You're going to shower and get dressed, the girls have gone shopping and gotten you some outfits. Then you're going to meet Tate."

"Tate Duncan?" Chelsea asked curiously.

"Yeah, he wants to talk to you or whatever."

Tate Duncan attended our school early last year but left and never came back. There was little gossip about where he went as no one really spoke to him. I remember him as dark and shady as he walked through the halls with circles under his eyes and a bruise on his left cheek. He never smiled and had a very sulky face with vibrant blonde hair and icy black eyes.

Chelsea gave a short nod and I stared at her with a raised eyebrow.

"There's no point fighting, they'll kill us Ally. Just go along with it, it'll get better in the end." She said with a frown.

"How can you even say that?" I spat.

"You should listen to your friend Alison. I have a feeling she's going to live longer than you."

"Kill me. I dare you." I said, turning to face Daniel with a scowl.

"Don't tempt me, darling." 

He roughly grabbed my arm and shoved me into a standing position, the stranger did the same to Chelsea but with softer movements.

He shoved me forward while pressing my hands behind my back and I gritted my teeth.

Ethan lead us through the hall until we reached a room with a bright yellow door. He opened the door and practically threw us inside. Light blue coloured walls, a shower, bath, toilet and sink lay inside. 

The bright colours just screamed out of place.

The door shut and locked behind us and I stretched my arms as far as they could go. 

"You shouldn't speak like that in front of them. They'll hurt you." Chelsea warned.

 "I don't care any more. I'd rather die than stay here."

 "No you wouldn't."

 I knew she was right and that I was exaggerating but I didn't admit it. I wasn't usually short tempered so this came as a surprise to me.