Chapter 24

We were situated in a diner booth, towards the back where no one came.

Max walked through the door and gave a bold grin when she saw us. She scurried forwards and sat down next to Jason.

"What's the plan?" She whispered secretively.

I rolled my eyes.

"I think we should use half of the remainder of our money to move somewhere more secluded. We can get jobs to earn more money and when they're on our trail again we can move out with the money we've made." Chelsea suggested.

"How will we know when they're on to us?" Jason asked.

"We're nerds remember. Which reminds me, we need to buy an on the go laptop."

"I'll help you out with that, I'll have to steal my card from my Mom though." Max said.

"Why do you have to steal your own credit card?" Asked Jason.

"She's evil, that's why. I can help you financially and if you want I can help you get them off your trail." 

She flicked out her phone and unlocked the screen.

"I think we should do what Chelsea suggested." I said.

"How long will we need to keep doing this?" Jason asked.

"Until they grow uninterested. Or until they find us." 

He narrowed his eyes at me.

"Uh guys. They've sent messages to all of the gangs in America with your faces and descriptions on them."

I grabbed the phone from her hands to see mine and Chelsea's faces splashed across the screen.

Chelsea Hanaway. Eighteen year old, dark red hair, pale skin. Trained hacker on the run. 

Alison Roe. Dark pink hair, pale skin. Trained killer and hacker, can be vicious. 

 "Those bastards." I hissed.

My brother gave me an indifferent look which I ignored.

"Try and access them from my phone." Max ordered.

I opened her settings and scrolled down until I found somewhere I could type in codes. A map covered the screen with the code number above it, a dark arrow showed them approximately an hour away from here.

They were moving quickly.

"We need to go. Now." 

I stood up and Chelsea hurried away.

I grabbed Max in a tight hug but she pushed me away.

"I think I...I think I want to come with you." She said.

"No way. You'll get yourself hurt, plus your absence will cause suspicion." I explained.

"No it won't. I'll tell my Mom I'm going to stay with my aunt. We got into a pretty huge argument so she'd understand. Come on, please."

"Ally we haven't got time to argue." Chelsea pressed, holding the door open.

"I can handle myself Ally, you know I can. I'm twice as trained as you." 

I sighed but slowly nodded my head and she squealed excitedly, shortly after, clearing her throat and straightening her posture.

"Let's go. We can take my car."

****

"Ally, where exactly am I going?" Asked Max.

"We'll be there in a couple of hours."