Chapter 5

Her eyes were filled with the richest black fire I'd ever seen as they met mine, and in that second I knew that I had lost her.

My best friend was gone, and a monster was in her place.

I stood up and backed away from her, my eyes locked on hers. The look in her eyes dissolved as she stood up and ran away. Tate ran after her and I felt my stomach drop. I felt the eyes of everyone on me, burning into the side of my face curiously. They too, couldn't believe what had just happened.

I stood up and walked out. No one followed me as I roamed the area, I wasn't going to attempt to run away, because although no one was following me, I still felt their eyes on my back. A feeling of utter loneliness crept in and I felt myself stopping next to a pier.

It was beautiful, the water next to it was a deep blue but that didn't matter. I slumped down on the pier and cried like I had never cried before.

My chest heaved as I sobbed into my hands.

I missed Jason, I missed Chelsea's Mom and Mindy, heck I even missed my parents. The thought of how they're feeling right now made me cry harder.

I felt someone sit next to me and my face hardened.

"P-Please l-leave me a-alone." I said through my tears.

The figure didn't move so I turned around to give them a hard glare.

Harvey.

I let out a groan.

"What the hell do you want? To embarrass me some more? To mess with me like you're doing to Chelsea."

His eyes darkened. In less than a second his hand had grabbed my face tightly in his vice grip. I had stopped sobbing and now just angrily stared at him.

"Suck it up. You can't let friendships get you down. People let you down all the time, get over it."

I scowled.

"Can you just go? I don't expect a heartless killer like you to understand."

The words came out of my mouth before I could stop them. 

"You're really underestimating me here. Fine, I'll leave. But if you don't get your act together I'm going to kill you. And I may have let the first comment slip, but you're had your warning. I'm not going to let you get away with that one. You've pushed me too far. I won't hesitate to kill you."

Do it, I wanted to say.

It's not like I'm getting out of here any time soon, it's not like I have anything to live for anymore. Hope. What hope is there in a place like this? I'm lucky if I make it to eighteen!

I heard another pair of footsteps and Harvey stood up.

"Maybe you can get through to her." He said in a sarcastic voice.

I opened my mouth to tell whoever it was to get lost but stopped when I saw Danny.

"Not even a drunken night can make me forget you." He said with a grin as he sat next to me.

My face twisted as I turned away from him.

"I don't want to talk." 

"Well too bad because we're going to. How do you get away with being such a bitch to Harvey? He usually had your ass if you mutter a word to him."

I shrugged my shoulders, ignoring the insult.

"What's wrong? Is it because of that girl?"

"She was my best friend." I murmured.