Chapter 20

We had both stuck our hands in our pockets simultaneously.

I dialled Chris and I knew she called Tate.

"We're locked inside." I said, moving to the weapon cupboard so I could talk privately.

I heard her voice in the background as I shut the door behind me.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"My door has gone on emergency lock. They must have wired the bomb up to the security systems so it's all connected. Even if we do get the door open the bomb will go off." 

"Can't you go through the other way?" 

"There is no other way, the other way leads to the same door and it's locked!" I shrieked, pacing the room.

I heard him swear to himself. I could practically picture him running a hand through his hair.

"They're here." I heard Tate say in the background.

There was a rush of wind and I heard Chris curse.

"We're going to have to make a deal with them. I need you to tuck as many weapons as you can into your pocket. We're going to make them reset the bomb."

"Chris, I don't know if there's time. I don't know how long the bomb is set for."

"I'll find a way." Chris said sternly.

"But-"

"Just do it Ally, please."

I let out a resigned sigh.

"Chris I'm scared, please hurry."

"I will, I promise. I love you, you know that?"

My heart fluttered in my chest.

"I love you too."

I hung up the phone and sunk against the wall, the door was flung open and I was met with Chelsea's glare.

"If we die it is entirely your fault!" She exclaimed.

"Whoa honey. I did it for the gang so we wouldn't die. And you didn't have to follow me in here, I told you I didn't need an assistant. So don't give me that bull crap. Sit the hell down and meditate or something because I'm seriously not in the mood for your shit right now."

She let out a noise of irritation and flung herself down.

I held the phone in my hand and played with it, wondering what I could possibly do at a moment like this other than wait.

"Have you seen Jason ever since...you know?" She asked, after a long moment of silence.

"No." I said curtly.

"They've blocked their numbers, also the police's and any other emergency service."

My head turned towards her slowly.

"What?"

"There was this one night. Tate was chasing me because I tried to run away. I grabbed my phone and called my Mom but the number was blocked."

"What a good boyfriend." I said sarcastically.

"And Chris? You know you never stopped to think about my motives towards all of this." 

"Chris doesn't recruit members against their own will, that's why him and Tate are enemies. Your motives are obvious, those two years turned you into a backstabbing betrayer." I spat, without even looking at her.

She laughed loudly. A long laugh that left her tumbling over in stitches.

"I'm 'dating' him because of you. Goodness Ally, how stupid do you think I am? You think I honestly gave up on us all, our escape plan? Not eighteen thousand beating could stop me."