First Day

(Franks POV)

Tomorrow was the first day of senior year. It's so crazy, I remember being in elementary school looking at the year 2014 being my graduating year and thinking to myself how far away that was. Now it's almost here in the blink of an eye.

I tried to fall asleep, but so many thoughts flooded my mind.

What were the kids going to think of me this year? Would they still call me emo? Gay? Worthless?What if I said something wrong? What if none of my teachers like me? What if I come off as weird?

There's too many what-ifs. I need to get all of this out of my head.

But I can't.

Soon enough I fell asleep to the songs stuck in my head that played over and over again.

****

I woke up to the sound of my mother yelling my full name.

"Frank Anthony Iero! Get outta bed!"

Ugh. Morning already.

I slipped on a pair of black skinny jeans, a plain red t-shirt, a black hoodie, and black converse.

(Yes, I am wearing a hoodie in 90 degree weather. You can probably guess why)

I ran my fingers through my hair a few times.

Good enough.

I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth, ran downstairs, grabbed my backpack and fled out the door to catch the bus.

There was no "have a good day at school" from mom. She hasn't done that since dad left when I started high school. Actually, she hasn't treated me the same since. She's always hitting me and calling me names, too.

I didn't miss dad, though. He was always rough on me. Not the greatest man to have in the house whatsoever.

I reached the driveway. By the time I got there, my bus was pulling up. I stepped inside and sat down at a random 2 seater.

I placed my backpack next to me. Nobody was gonna sit next to me anyway, I already knew that. Nobody likes me, I'm too much of a freak.

I popped my headphones in, and for the rest of the bus ride I listened to Green Day's American Idiot.

Around 15 minutes later we arrived at school.

*sigh*

Where did the summer go?

We all got off the bus and went to homeroom. The teacher, Mrs. Bellingham, assigned us all a locker.

Great, I got a bottom locker. Just with my luck. I know I'm short, but come on! This is just another excuse for the snobby girl up on top to throw books on me.

We all practiced opening our lockers and memorizing the combination. Mine was 1-8-2.

Wow. That was a pretty awesome locker combination to be honest!

The bell rang. I grabbed my stuff and headed upstairs to Mrs. Kogan's room. Math.

She did the average blah blah blah first day of school talk about being "respectful to everyone and yourself" and "trying your best."

She should be the one being respectful to herself. She's the young blonde teacher with a dress so short and tight her bum is practically sticking out.

Plus, I'm sure everybody knows that the thing this school does NOT have is any respect at all.

All I know is the other students will definitely make this year difficult for me, like every school year.