A Broken Heart Calls

Two months have passed, everything is normal.

Still getting bullied. Gerard was enjoying his job. Judas has become my best friend.

Things have been great, actually.

Except for one thing.

Gerard hasn't spoken to or of his mother. Christmas has passed, her birthday has passed.

No communication.

Mikey has driven over a few times since, we've hung out; but no Donna.

I actually felt kind of bad for him. I mean, he was actually really close to his mother until I came along.

Maybe everything would be okay if I wasn't here. I practically ruined Gerard's relationship with his mother.

It's all my fault.

Okay, that's it. I can't keep this on my chest forever. I needed to talk to him about it.

After the eighth period bell rang, I snatched my backpack and escaped English class. I ran out to the front of the school and eagerly waited for Gerard. I couldn't wait to get out of this jail cell we call 'school'. I also needed to talk to Gerard tonight about his mother, it makes me feel so bad.

Judas caught up with me and waited for Gerard to pick us up. The freezing wind brushed against us, and knocked our hair into our eyes.

((A/N) i just realized how stupid it is that Frank and Judas are 18 and can't drive xD
okay carry on)

"I have so much homework due tomorrow," Judas growled. He flipped his hair out of his eyes.

I swear to god, homework takes over every student's life.

"Same. Aaand I'm dreading it," I chuckled.

We carried on small conversation until Gerard pulled up.

I hopped in the front seat and Judas went into the back. I set my backpack down at my feet and turned to Gerard, who was staring right at me. I pressed my lips on his to give him a hello kiss.

It always felt butterflies when I kissed him. Every time we kissed, it feels like our first.

I think that's good for a relationship.

I think it means true love.

Once we let go, Gerard asked Judas, "Want me to drive you home, or do you want to come over?"

"I have a crap load of homework. I better go home," Judas answered. Gerard stepped on the pedal and began driving to his house.

We dropped him off at his house. "Thanks for the ride!" he yelled once he was out of the car and heading to the door.

"No problem!" Gerard yelled back.

"I'll text you later!" I yelled out the window. Judas gave me a thumbs ip in reply.

***

Gerard set his brief case full of sketchbooks and papers by the door. I left my backpack right next to it.

Gerard sat at the end of the couch in the living room. He loosened his tie and unbuttoned the first two buttons of his shirt.

I tried not to stare too much.

God, I'm a creep.

I peeked in through the doorway. "Hey, can we talk?" I asked with guiltiness in my eyes.

"Sure," Gerard said. He scooted over to one side of the couch to make room for me. "What's up?"

I sat down. "Ever since out last visit to see your mom I feel guilty. Like I'm tearing apart your relationship."

Gerard pursed his lips and looked down at his lap. His eyes were full of sorrow.

"I miss her," he claimed. "I feel like I'm not her son anymore."

Hearing that felt like taking a punch to the gut.

"So, it is my fault?" I asked. My voice was breaking.

"No, please don't think that. If my mother can't understand us, then I don't need her bashing me all the time for it," he poked his head up. He softly rubbed my back.

I waited a few seconds until I managed to get words out of my mouth. "Then call your mom."

"What?"

"Call her and make up with her," I muttered through my clenched teeth.

Gerard pilled his cell phone out of his pocket and called his mother. He gulped in sense of fear when he placed his phone up to his ear.

No answer.

We called again.

No answer.

For a third time, we called again.

An answer.

The volume on his phone was loud enough so that I could hear what was being said on the other line.

"Yes?" Donna nastily answered.

Gerard cleared his throat. "Mom?"

"If that's what I am to you anymore."

Gerard's lips quivered. "I- I just called to say that I'm sorry, and that I love you."

There was a short pause after Gerard got that out. Maybe she was rethinking everything in her head.

"Thank you," she said.

Was that all she had to say? Could she be any more ignorant? Her son was hurting.

"I don't expect you to say anything back," Gerard exclaimed. His eyes were red from the tears welling in his eyes.

Another pause. But this time, Donna never said anything back. Gerard had to end the conversation himself.

"Well, goodbye."

"Bye."

He brought his phone down from his ear and ended the call. A single tear dropped on his phone screen.

"I don't think we made up," Gerard claimed. He turned his head and looked into my eyes. Another tear dripped down his cheek. "I think we did the opposite."

***

I stayed awake in bed the rest of the night. How could I sleep when I'm lugging around the fact that I tore Gerard and his mother into pieces?

I had no clue how Gerard was asleep. This is his mother we're dealing with.

This was actually all my fault. There was no trying to deny it. All my fault. I was the one who came into Gerard's life.

The stress was eating me alive. How was I supposed to deal with this. His mother is acting like she just broke up with a boyfriend!

I don't think you realize how much I want to grab my razors and ruin my perfectly clean wrist.

I couldn't do it. No, I had to stay strong for Gerard.

I can't let this take me alive.

I just wanted everything to be okay.

Bad things always interrupt the good things, like always.

Sometimes I feel this cycle never ends.

***

(A/N) hello! i kind of like this chapter, i dont know, what do you guys think? please give me feedback! thanks!

also, be sure to follow my instagram to check for updates and stuff idk. @mychemicalpony.

xo
-laser candy