Uncomfortable

Gerard barged into Mikey's room, only to find him on his computer.

"Mikey!" he yelled. Mikey turned his head over to us. A smile wiped across his face. He didn't hesitate to get up and hug us.

"Gerard!" he gave his brother a massive hug. "Whatcha doing here?!"

"Just wanted to check in," Gerard said, letting go of Mikey.

Mikey cracked a smile and looked at both of us. He was as happy to see us as we were happy to see him.

Gerard and I sat on Mikey's bed, our backs against the wall. Mikey sat at his computer desk. We all caught up with each other. Gerard told him about Judas and how he got a new job. I mainly just said there quietly, interrupting in between stories.

I still had a lot of social anxiety, only my self hate was definitely going down.

Which is really good, considering everything I have done to myself.

Mikey began to talk about school and his classmates. For some reason he kept mentioning a girl named Alicia, he seemed to like her a lot.

"Oooh Mikey's got a crush!" Gerard blurted out. I laughed while Mikey's cheeks turned fire red.

"Go for her! Ask her out!" I motivated Mikey.

"I don't know," Mikey sighed. He threw his hands in the air. "She's just so pretty, and then there's me. The geek. She probably doesn't know I exist!"

Gerard nodded his head. "C'mon man! The worst thing she could do is say no. Just invite her to see a movie. Nothing big!" he suggested, trying to help out his younger brother.

"But how do I- and what do I- and-" Gerard interrupted Mikey before he could make a full sentence.

"I want you to go up to this girl and ask her if she wants to see a movie with you. That's all."

I still sat there, listening in on everything.

I kind of wanted to encourage Mikey to ask the girl out, too. He seems to really like her, and I think it would be really cute.

"Fine," Mikey groaned. "I'll ask her Monday. But if I make a fool out of myself it's all your fault!" We all laughed.

Later on, we went back downstairs with Mikey to see Donna. She still seemed very uncomfortable to see me.

"Are you guys staying to eat?" she asked. I looked at Gerard, asking him to answer for us.

"Uh, yeah. If that's okay."

"Alright," Donna said. She sounded annoyed, as if she really didn't want us to stay.

But why was she mad at me? I didn't do anything wrong. I mean, maybe she doesn't like me as a person or doesn't like how I look. Or doesn't like how I'm with Gerard.

I get way too self contious. I just have to calm down. Nothing can change her mind about you, Frank. No matter what she thinks of you, she'll have to deal with it.

When dinner was ready, the four of us sat down at the table. It was awkward. Last time, nobody could stop talking. Now it's like we're all complete strangers.

It kind of makes me sad.

"So Gerard, how's work?" Donna asked, trying to create conversation.

Just the right thing to talk about.

(That was sarcasm)

"I got a new job at a way better school," Gerard replied. He shoved a fork full of pasta into his mouth.

Donna had a confused expression on her face. "Did you quit?"

Gerard and I froze. I glanced at him. This wasn't the right question to ask.

"Umm... no. I got fired. They didn't like my relationship with Frank."

I set my fork down on my bowl. What was Donna going to say back?

But before Donna could respond, Gerard began to speak again.

"And I know you don't like out relationship either, so feel free to fire me as your son," he snapped.

Donna dropped her fork. It smacked the glass bowl, making a loud clanking noise.

Mikey was shocked that Gerard said that, too. Matter of fact, we were all shocked.

Gerard checked his watch. "It's getting late," he stated. "We need to get going. Traffic's going to be bad if we don't leave."

"Oh, okay," I stuttered. I followed Gerard to the door. I didn't want to ask any questions.

"Bye mom, bye Mikey!" he yelled.

On the car ride home, Gerard acted like sassing his mother like that and immediately leaving was no big deal.

But this wasn't just talking back to his mother, it was spelling out the truth. We all knew that Donna didn't tolerate Gerard and I as a couple, but didn't want to say it to our faces.

Now, Gerard just said it for her.

Just adding more stress into our lives.

I was actually kind of mad at Gerard for saying what he said.

She could have tried to accept us, but he had to ruin it.

The last thing I want is to be on her bad side.

***

(A/N) i know it's a stupid, short, and pointless chapter. sorry about that.

this may be one of the last chapters of the story. yes, it is coming to an end. :((((

BUT, i WILL have new frerard stories that will come out hopefully sometime in the future. so dont fret c:

anyway, comment & vote and give as much feedback as you can. it helps me out a lot!

also, be sure to follow me on my instagram. my username is @mychemicalpony

xo

-laser candy