Shock

Mikey's jaw dropped below his knees, and Donna sat there with no expression on her face.

They were both in complete shock, as if they just found out that Gerard had become an axe murderer.

Gerard gripped my hand as tight as possible. I held on tight.

We both bit our lips. I could tell that Gerard was nervous as hell. As was I.

"Frank's your student? Isn't that illegal or something?" Mikey blurted out. Gerard rolled his eyes.

"It's not illegal, Mikes. Just against school policies," Gerard sassed. "Idiotic school policies."

I saw Donna with her hand over her mouth.

"But what about... Lyn-Z? Remember her? Your GIRLfriend?" Donna shouted.

"Mom, I broke it off with her months ago. Besides, I never really loved her. I just thought I did," Gerard revealed.

"But-" I cut Donna off before she could let another word spill out of her mouth.

"Listen, Gerard's gay, but that doesn't change him. He's the same person you saw when he walked in earlier today. I love him, and he loves me. We can't change that. Either accept us, or don't!" I said.

I was furious with her.

This isn't the end of the world.

Donna seemed furious with me, as well. She jolted out of the room without thinking twice.

I felt Gerard's hand weaken. He wasn't holding on tight anymore. I glanced at him and a tear dripped down his cheek.

Mikey got up and walked to us by the fireplace. He hugged Gerard. "Mom's a jerk. I love you no matter what," he whispered.

"Thanks Mikey," Gerard whimpered, letting go of my hand to hug Mikey back.

Gerard and I followed Mikey upstairs to his room. I shut the door and plopped onto the bed with my back against the wall. Gerard cane and sat right beside me.

Mikey sat on the blue bean bag chair on the floor in the center of the room.

"So, how long have you guys been together?" Mikey asked. He pushed his nerdy glasses up.

"About two months," Gerard said. Mikey nodded his head.

"Cool. So you guys really love each other?"

"I don't know what I'd do without him," Gerard said sappily. He looked me in the eyes. We both blushed.

I could see Mikey was disgusted, yet happy for us at the same time.

Gerard looked at his phone to check the time. It was already dark out, the moonlight was glistening.

"It's getting late, we have a long ride back home and school tomorrow," Gerard sighed.

School tomorrow. Great, I completely forgot.

We got up off of the bed and hugged Mikey goodbye.

"Bye Gerard. Thanks for coming by. It really means a lot," Mikey said.

"No problem. Maybe you can come over my place sometime too," Gerard told Mikey. "But we gotta go. Be good to mom!"

"Whatever," Mikey muttered. Gerard and I ran down the stairs.

"Bye mom," Gerard yelled across the house.

No reply.

Without thinking twice, he left walked out of the house with no care about his mother.

I wasn't happy with her, either.

Driving home was exhausting. I couldn't see anything outside, the darkness swallowed everything.

"So how'd you like my dysfunctional family?" Gerard asked, breaking the silence.

"I like Mikey. He's cool," I said.

"He's been through a lot. He's severely bullied and has bad anxiety," Gerard shared.

"Poor kid. That sucks."

"I've always tried to be the best brother I could be for him, but moving out has probably left him confused and lost," Gerard asserted.

"At least you always did the best you could," I implied.

Mikey didn't deserve to be bullied like that. Sure, he's a nerd, but I really like him. I wish I could be his friend. I wish I could stick up for him at school. Maybe even make his day better.

Who am I kidding? I'm the laughing stock at my school, what makes me think I could be the superman of Mikey's school?

I gazed out the window and cleared my head of everything possible.

***

It was 1:00 AM, the floorboards of the apartment creeked with every step I took.

Once I got my tight jeans off, Gerard and I headed straight for bed and under the covers.

"Tonight didn't go well. Just as I anticipated," Gerard murmured. "What a blow."

"Your mom will come out of her shell. Remember, you're her son. You can't change who you are just to please someone," I reassured.

Gerard's long, black hair fell across his face as he turned to his side, facing me.

"Oh well, let's forget about this. Right now I need to sleep," Gerard said.

"Ditto," I agreed.

I leaned closer to Gerard and kissed him on the lips.

Ah, every time I kissed him I felt sparks fly. It made everything magical.

I put my arms around Gerard, and we closed our eyes.

I fell asleep to the thoughts of how lucky I am to have Gerard in my life.

How grateful I should be.

Wow, I'm such a sappy mess.

***

(A/N) hey guys. sorry this chapter isnt long or doesnt have any action. im terribly busy and stressed out. plus, chapter like these just lead up to bigger parts. so i need chapters like these to stay on track.

anyway, comment and vote. all your feedback helps me out!

xo
-laser candy