Judas

As soon as Gerard feel sound asleep, I got up and went to the bathroom.

Gerard seemed upset and flustered, and my thoughts were devouring me. I couldn't take it anymore, I was breaking down.

My hands shook as I reached for the blades I hid in the medicine cabinet.

I started to cut into my skin, and I began to weep.

Drops of blood and tears soaked the floor.

I was reopening the wounds of my other memories that stuck with me, and haunted my existence.

I had to stay alive. For Gerard. To show everybody that I am strong enough. To prove everyone wrong.

Cutting seemed like the only gateway passed that.

I fell asleep in the bathroom that night, and tears dried up onto my cheeks when I cried myself to sleep.

***

I woke up the next morning on the hard, cold bathroom floor.

Crap, the bathroom is a mess! Gerard can't find out I did this.

I used a damp towel to clean off the floor and the sink.

I prayed that Gerard was still asleep, so he would realize what I did last night.

He would be even more upset with everything, and he doesn't need that. Nobody needs to bother to worry about me.

I opened the door as quiet as possible, and I tip-toed back to the bedroom to see if Gerard was awake.

I was surprised with what I saw.

Gerard wasn't there.

"Gerard?!" I yelled through the whole apartment. "Hello?!"

No reply was given.

I flew into every room in the house and didn't see him anywhere.

Where could he have gone? Where was he? Why did he leave? What if he's leaving forever, like mom did?

A million different thoughts darted across my head. I stood in the middle of the hallway with my heart beating rapidly, and my breath getting slower and slower.

I walked to the kitchen only to see a box on the center of the table. It was wrapped in navy blue wrapping paper, and there was a note attached to it.

I went to the table and read the note first.

"Happy birthday, Frankie. I'm sorry I never got to give this to you, and that I completely blew up your birthday. I hope this can make up for it.

P.S. You'll have to catch the bus this morning. I'm out. I'll pick you up after school.

xo

-Gerard"

Out?

Couldn't he at least have told me where he was going? Be more specific? I'm worried sick about him, and all he says is "I'm out."

At least I know that he's okay, and that he'll be back later. That was relieving.

I placed the note down on the table, and ripped open the box. What was inside was amazing.

Gerard gave me a box full of custom made guitar picks, all with Gerard's art on them. It was perfect! This might be the best present that anyone has ever given to me! Finally, for the first time in a while, I cracked a smile.

I checked the time. It was 6:30 already, and I had to be at the bus at 6:50. I had to go down a few blocks to get to the bus stop, too.

I didn't even take the time to shower, I just threw some random clothes on.

I grabbed my book bag and ran down to the lobby. As people sat there, I just ran right through them, with no care in the world.

I fast-walked down the busy streets and made it to the bus stop just in the nick of time.

Wait... "Nick of time"? Who says that?

Whatever.

I sat at my regular seat and placed my backpack right next to me. I shoved my headphones on, and let my music take over the world.

Once we got to school, I was rudely greeted by a few jocks that stood out in front of the school.

One with brown, buzzed hair pushed me into the brick wall of the school. He rammed his hands into my shoulders and sneered.

"Hey look, emo's back!" he yelled out for everybody to hear. I tried to pry his hands off of me, but there was no use.

"Where's your boyfriend? Hm?" he teased. Everybody else around us stared. Some tried to hide their laughter, and some just looked dead at us with poker faces.

But no matter who anybody was, every person watched.

Why was nobody stopping it?

"Are you deaf? I asked you a question!"

"Get off of me!" I snipped. His hands only tightened up more.

"No, I don't think so," he shrugged. A smirk built up on his face, and before I knew it, he threw a punch.

This dude hit the snot out of me. Literally.

Everybody "oohed" and "ahhed."

He let go of me and I wiped off my face. With my mouth open and full of blood, I glared back at him, and simply walked into the school.

I held back the tears. I was used to doing that by now. It's easier to manage crying for me now.

Everybody outside continued doing their things, as I walked to homeroom.

I was walking slowly with my head down. My hands to my side, and my sleeve over my hands.

Suddenly, a tall kid with long, straight jet-black hair and a lip piercing ran up from behind me.

His hair was kind of like Gerard's. Except, this kid had more of a fringe, and it was straighter.

I turned my head to him as he started to speak to me.

"Hey, I saw what happened outside. Are you okay?" he asked, concerned.

I wasn't at all okay. I was the opposite of okay. I was so close to giving up.

"Yeah, I guess," I mumbled so that he could only barely hear me.

"You know, those guys are assholes. You don't deserve that. I think you should love who you love and be who you want to. If people can't accept that, then screw them," he explained.

This dude was like Ghandi or something. You know, with a piercing.

But, who was this guy? And how does he know that I have a relationship ordeal going on?

"Thanks. But, um. How do you know about me and my boy-"

"Stuff gets around," he revealed.

So, apparently more people know about me than I thought they did?

"Oh," I replied. We were both stopped in the middle of the hallway, and I put my head down to look at my shoes.

"The name's Judas. I know, weird name. Anyway, I'll see you around. Hope things get better," Judas reassured. He began to walk away, and turned at the end of the hallway. After that, he disappeared.

Was I ever going to see him again? I've never seem him before today.

Better question. Did somebody besides Gerard just talk to me?

***

(A/N) so yay! here's chapter 20! i hope you like the new character. he may or may not appear too much. i dont know. we'll see what happens!

dont forget to vote & comment & give me as MUCH feedback as possible! thanks!

xo

-laser candy