Madness

I didn't speak to Gerard on the way home. He seemed aggravated, I didn't want to pester him or get him frustrated.

The silence was painful.

Gerard drove angrily down each road. He was speeding and swerving in and out at times. Something was up.

Well no duh, Sherlock. He just got suspended from teaching because of who he loves. I'm mad as well.

Gerard made a sharp turn into his apartment's parking lot. He stepped out of the car and slammed the door. I did the same.

We rushed inside of the building. Our converse echoed as we ran up the three flights of stairs to Gerard's floor. I followed him as we speed-walked to his door. He shoved the key in and we went inside.

Gerard went to the kitchen table and put his head down into his arms.

I slowly walked over to the chair across from him and took a seat.

The silence was still painful.

I didn't make a peep. He needed anything but to be annoyed with me or with the world any more than he already is.

"How can this happen," Gerard cried. I flinched when I heard the silence break.

"It's as painful for me as it is for you. Trust me," I replied.

Gerard nodded his head side to side. He immediately responded "What happened to freedom? We're not breaking any laws!"

"I know Gerar-" He cut me off.

"I shouldn't have been a teacher. Something like this was just meant to happen!" He yelled.

My lip quivered. He regretted being a teacher? He basically just said he regrets meeting me.

"So you regret...us?" I said as the lump in my throat got bigger as I held in the tears.

"No, Frankie! I love you. I truly do. I just hate how the school has such a bad feel to out relationship," He said. Gerard got up from his chair and started to roam around the kitchen.

"It ruins my reputation."

"Do you know how hard it is for me to make believe that there is nothing between us? It may ruin your overall image, but do you know how hard it is to sit in a classroom and pretend like I don't know you and call you 'Mr. Way' ?" I explained.

"Let's just get over this for now. Too much stress," Gerard sighed.

"I agree."

Gerard and I went to the couch and watched TV for the rest of the day. But that night turned into night right before my eyes.

The clock read 9:00.

"I guess you're spending the night," Gerard giggled.

"I guess so," I replied with a smile.

Gerard pulled out a blanket from a box near to couch and gave it to me. "I'm gonna get to bed. I have to drive you to school in the morning. If you need anything, let me know. I'm just down the hall," he offered.

"Thank you. Goodnight Gee-Bear!" I chuckled. I could see him blush when I called him that.

"Goodnight Frankie-Wanky! Wait... That sounded dirty," We both laughed at what he had said. I jokingly winked at him. He started to walk to his bedroom.

"No goodnight kiss?" I yelled out.

Gerard walked right back into the living room. "You are such a tease," he smiled. I stood up and gave him a tippy-toe kiss on the lips.

"Now it's goodnight," I said. He walked out of the room with a smile on his face.

I plopped down onto the couch with the blanket wrapped around me. I took my phone out of my pocket to check twitter. As I skimmed through classmates and band member's tweets, a message popped up in the middle of my screen from an unknown number.

"Everybody @ school is talking about u. The secret is out"

I held back the tears, but I just couldn't. Water dwelled in my eyes. The pain in holding back tears was just too much to bare.

Just to ruin the moment.

***

(A/N) i'm really glad that you guys are liking this story so far! it makes me feel so nice to hear good feedback c:

dont forget to comment and vote! thank you!

-laser candy