prologue

Lionstar looked as regal as always as she sat atop of the rock. Her golden pelt glistening in the sunlight, as she looked down at the two apprentices ready to be warriors.

Rookpaw could barely hold himself together, his mind was flooded with excitement and thoughts. His brother, Heatherpaw, was silent, his dark gaze solemn as he stared at Lionstar. The two were similar of appearance, but their personality were like night and day.

"Heatherpaw," the golden star boomed after ThunderClan had calmed, "Please step forward.

The gray tom got up, and stepped toward the bottom of the rock.

"Fernstripe." Lionstar purred, turning her head toward the sandy ginger tom, "Has Heatherpaw shown the traits of a warrior?"

"Yes." The tomcat replied, his eyes shimmering with pride. Rookpaw shivered, he was so proud...so proud of his brother...

Rookpaw's heart pounded as Heatherpaw answered Lionstar's question with confidence.

"Then by the powers of StarClan, I name you Heatherfrost for your cold personality and ability to use snow to your advantage. I welcome you as a full member of ThunderClan."

The clan hailed him by his new name, and Rookpaw yowled his heart out. His nervousness returned as he was called up.

"I do." Rookpaw said, trembling with happiness. His mind was blurry and he couldn't process what she said next, but his new name quickly rang in his ears.

Rooksplash! Rooksplash!

The clan chanted as he walked back to his brother. Sadly, the clan did stop, and broke off to their dens, as it was late in the day.

"You have a vigil," the muscular deputy reminded them cooly, "You are to sit and guard the camp. No dozing off or talking."

Heatherfrost nodded, walking toward the middle of the camp, sitting down and neatly wrapping his tail around his paws. Dipperthorn looked at Rooksplash with a hard gaze, causing an inaudible gulp to come from the cat. The tom grinned nervously and as the deputy left, he padded to his brother, sitting next to him.

He had only closed his eyes for a moment before he found himself getting attacked by a fox.

-

Rooksplash struggled in the fox's mouth, as warriors attempted to fight it.

But there was no stopping a hungry fox.

It's jaws snapped shut, and crushed Rooksplash's back. Blood splattered on the ground, on cat's faces and on the fox's muzzle.

Cats roared, brutally attacking the fox, Heatherfrost in the lead, eyes burning with anger. The fox growled, parting it's now blood coated jaws, and Rooksplash's body fell to the sandy ground with a thump.

Stonepaw ran over, her eyes wide with fear and pain as she inspected her brother's body. Her ears and tail drooped, as she realized all life had left the body.

"He walks with StarClan now." Ebonywhisper said, the cat resting his tail-tip on his apprentice's shoulder as they watched the warriors rip apart a enemy fox.

Then Rooksplash woke up, a familiar star specked face staring at back at his.

-

this story idea comes from the great mind of rosellecrowns , a wonderful author that you should follow