two

"What are you two doing here?" Icesnap's voice sent shivers down my spine as he discovered the two of us in the bush.

Fallowstar sighed, "This is your third time being found by the border. We can't just let this slide."

Cherryrain whined, her ears drooping. "I'll be a good cat next time!" She promised, her eyes wide with fear, "Please don't bring us to the prisons."

She was... she was so cute when she did that. Her eyes all big and teary, her ears drooped. She looked like a kit, honestly. A kit that must be protected. I growl to myself and shove that thought to the side, this isn't a time to think about how adorable and precious she is.

"Cherryrain insisted on finding another character of hers," I said, rolling my brown eyes, twitching my tail to make it seem more realistic, "And I, obviously, was dragged along."

Birdpaw studied my face, his golden eyes narrowing as he used his strange ability to read expressions. I tried keeping a straight face, shifting my eyes to glance down at my gray paws.

"He's lying," the silver tabby announces, smiling proudly as I flinched at his words, confirming his theory.

Fallowstar and Icesnap looked at each other, having a conversation without words. I frown, and try to decipher silent messages, my ears lying flat against my skull in frustration.

"Three sunrises." Fallowstar said, his voice low and having disappointment laced in it.

"Oh noooo." Cherryrain whined, acting like a little kit, "Stop laughing! This is serious!" She suddenly added, her voice stern and brisk.

I growl, and climb out of the bush, shaking out my pelt afterwards. Cherryrain follows, her expression back into that adorable sadness.

"Can I lead them?" Birdpaw asks, his eyes lighting up with determination, "You can trust me, father!!"

Fallowstar smiled, tilting his head, "Alright, since you're of age now."

Icesnap sighed, before the white tom started back toward the main camp. Fallowstar followed him, after he spoke to his kit for a short moment.

"Okay, prisoners!!" Birdpaw squeaked, starting off, "Let's go!!!"

I hiss in annoyance before trailing after the silvery tom, Cherryrain padding behind me.

I can only hope that I don't lose my sanity.

Fact of the Day: Birdpaw was murdered by a ThunderClan cat, it is unknown who