one

"I hate it." I said, looking at the beau- black cat in front of me. She let out a bell-like laugh, her tail twitching in amusement.

"What do you not like?" She asked, tilting her head, "The rules? The grief? The constant screaming?"

The last part took me by surprise. Constant screaming? No cat ever screamed in StarClan. Much less allowed to. I frowned, and looked at the she-cat's eyes to make sure she was serious.

There wasn't even a spark of amusement in them.

"Cherryrain..." I whispered, my voice laced with concern. The she-cat paid no attention to me, her ears twitching as she looked over at the trees.

"Beepaw, honestly..." Cherryrain hissed, her golden eyes focused on the trees, "Stop complaining!"

I frowned, as far as I knew, there was no 'Beepaw' in StarClan. There was Beefeather, but she wasn't here. The black cat suddenly yelped in pain, and jumped back, which took me by surprise.

"Oh you little-" she was cut off as she yelped again, an invisible force seeming to cause non-existent scars on her. Cherryrain started furiously clawing at nothing, occasionally jumping to the side and dodging an 'attack'.

"Cherryrain!" I said, louder, "This isn't funny! I'm worried about your health..."

She sat in the wind, by the lake. The smell of fresh herbs enchanted her glossy black fur. Her eyes were usually shimmery.

"Good day, Saltpoppy," she meowed, joy in her voice, "How are you?"

Cats watched in curiosity as Cherryrain had a lovely conversation with...the lake? It wasn't staged, you could tell by the pure emotion she put into her conversation. It was all real.

"Really?" The black cat purred, "I'm happy for you and Grassowl! What are their names?"

"Those are beautiful names! Owlkit after her mother? Oh...I'm sorry..."

Cherryrain stopped attacking the air and turned to me, her golden eyes dark. She murmured something so quiet I could barely hear it. The cat got up and padded over to me.

"You've seen too much," she whispered sweetly, my heart melting at her tone, "But, they said I didn't have to kill you..."

I flinched, but don't step away. My breathing becomes shallow as Cherryrain dragged her tail along my spine, her golden orbs staring at my dull brown ones. She threw her back back after a while and let out a yowl, before she snapped back into reality.

"Cherryrain...!" I hiss, looking around, afraid, "Someone is going to find us!"

I get up, ears pricked and listening for a patrol. We were dangerously close to the Dark Forest border, and if anyone found us here...

"There was a yowl over here." A voice meowed, it was high and sounded like Birdpaw- a silver tabby tomcat from ShadowClan.

"This is too close to the border." A deeper, more harsh voice hissed. I froze as he spoke- it was the current leader of StarClan, Fallowstar.

I cursed, and shoved Cherryrain into a nearby bush, jumping in after her. The black cat's eyes were wide, but it looked like she had no idea what was happening.

"What are you doing, sweetie?" Cherryrain drawled, attempting to move around in the bush. I growl in frustration, though she had made my heart flutter when she said the nickname, as she made our position more awkward and uncomfortable.

"Trying to stay out of sight." I hiss quietly, "Anyone would think you're high on catmint." I added the last part to myself, flicking my ears to express my annoyance. Cherryrain purred, and closed her eyes, unfortunately deciding to rest in an unusual position.

"There's a cat scent here." A cool voice said, and I imagined Icesnap narrowing is ice blue eyes, his long white tail swishing over the sandy ground.

"I can scent it too!" Birdpaw said, quite loudly. I could imagine his whiskers twitching excitedly and his ears pricking up to listen.

"We're doomed." I groaned quietly. Cherryrain let out a small giggle, her tail trailing down the side of my neck. Great, now I'm going to be stuck in prison for a few sunrises with a crazy she-cat.

Great. Just great.

Fact of the Day: Icesnap is based off of Lance from the game 'Nameless ~ The One Thing you Must Recall'