Chapter 15: Rainy Day

We walked down the coast and found a spot to leave our things that was far enough away from the others. I pulled out the beach towel from my bag laying it out on the sand and pulling off my shorts and button down leaving on my tank top. Carly did the same, staying in her bathing suit. We laid down on our towels looking out to the beach.

"So what now?" Carly asked. I propped myself up on my elbow and turned to look at her.

"Well you're going to text your brother informing him of our ditch and also let him know that I took the keys and he'll need to find a ride home." I said sitting up and pulling out my sunglass from the bag and lying back down.

"Alright," she said whipping out her phone and texting away like a maniac. "Done, now what?"

"Whatever you want to do." I told her and she sat up looking at me with wide eyes.

"Anything?" She said with a grin.

"Anything."

"So shall we go paragliding first or jet skiing?" She asked her eyes alive with excitement.

"Paragliding, defiantly." I answered getting up and heading off to the water sports shack.

Carly and I spent the rest of the day from water sport to water sport. By sun down we were exhausted. We sat down on our towels staring out into the stunning sunset.

"Thanks," Carly said all of a sudden.

"For what?" I asked looking at her, my head titled to the side.

"For everything today, you didn't have to ditch with me, but I'm really glad you did." She said looking down at her toes. I grinned and pinched her cheeks. She was really cute when embarrassed. Carly looked at me like I had grown another head which made me really grin wider.

"You're not so bad yourself, Carles." I said trying out the new nickname I gave her.

"Ewww Carles? What kind of nickname is that?" She complained and I laughed.

"Ok so how about Car?" I tested.

"That's pretty bad too." She said making a face.

"Pick your poison." I told her leaning back on my hands.

"Carles..." she muttered and I laughed. We sat enjoying the silence and pure bliss of an amazing day.

"Rori! Carly!" Someone yelled and both of us turned to the source of the sound. In the distance jogged a lean silhouette towards us. As they grew closer and taller their features became more visible.

"Hey, big brother." Carly grinned as Alex stood in front of us panting with his hands on his knees.

"Are you guy's morons or what?" He asked obviously pissed off, a trail of sweat slid down his forehead. "I've been looking for you for half an hour and I've been calling both your phones nonstop."

"Well they are in the bag it's kind of hard to hear it over the waves." I said and he shot me a glare.

"Why didn't you leave with Stellan or Tara or something?" Carly asked.

"Because your nincompoop brains didn't think of the fact that what the fuck was I supposed to say to them? And what about my bike it's at your house and I couldn't be dropped off there, now could I?" He said throwing himself down on the beach beside us.

"What about Stellan?" I asked.

"He had to take Tara home." Alex replied and I nodded a small grin creeping up on my face, maybe they'll make relationship progress.

"Guys I'm tired can we go?" Carly begged rubbing her eyes.

"Sure thing." I got up, picked up the towel and slipped on my shorts. And we all headed back towards the car.

Carly fell asleep on the car ride back, it was just me and Alex and the radio playing lightly in the background.

"Did you two have fun?" Alex asked shooting me a glance than looking back towards the road.

"Yup," I said popping the p, and continuing to tell him all about our day. Alex nodded along smiling and laughing when appropriate.

"Wow I can't believe you two left me out." He said once I was done.

"Yeah well, you can't sit with us." I said in a snobby tone mimicking one of my favorite movies.

"Oh watch out, cool kid." Alex said and I grinned popping the collar of my button down and pretending to brush dirty off my shoulders. Alex started laughing and so did I.

"I actually have a shirt that says that." I said catching my breath.

"I wouldn't doubt it for a second."

The rest of the ride was pleasantly quiet, the city lights passing us by in a burl as we got closer to my neighborhood. When we pulled up to my house, we were let in through the gates. Alex parked in the garage and woke Carly up. I walked them to Alex's bike.

"I hope to see you around more Rori." Carly said giving me a wink and pulling me in for a loose hug. The bugger with her crazy "I'm in love with her brother" ideas. I rolled my eyes and pulled away. Alex got on his bike and threw me a kiss as Carly got in behind him. I caught his kiss in midair and put it in my pocket.

"Gonna save it for a rainy day." I said patting my pocket. He chuckled, the bike roared to life as he pulled out of my drive way. I stood and waved before turning around and walking inside the house. I entered the fowler a yawn escaping my lips, I rubbed my eyes. Man I'm beat.

"Is this the time to get home on a school night?" A voice said as the sound of heels against the marble echoed through the house. My mother came into view, her dark hair was put up in a ponytail, she was wearing a skirt suit her glasses on the brink of her nose.

"Mom?" I asked in awe. My dad came up behind her and they both stood in front of me, and both looked very pissed off. I might need that kiss now, I thought.

______________________________________________________________________

Forgive us?

-Lupe♥