Chapter 3: A Heated Meeting

**A/N: Let this be a lesson to you all! I respond well to bribery, and I accept updates as a form of payment. Enjoy, because this is all you get till next week :)**

~Axel~

"So the Blackbourne Team is in Reston?" I ask Phil.

"It would seem so. I highly doubt Owen and Sean came alone," he responds.

"And they have no idea that Sang is here? Their kids?" Marc asks him.

"I don't believe so."

"Nathan was surprised when he saw me. Never asked about Sang. We have to assume they don't know she's here," Raven inserts.

"Which means they're not here for her," I say aloud.

"So it would seem," Phil says dejectedly.

"Then that only leaves one question," I state. "Why are they here?"

"And not with their bird and children," Raven finishes for me.

My team and I are sitting around the living room of Sang's apartment while we discuss the re-appearance of the Blackbourne Team. Sang and Phil came home with the twins about an hour ago, in which time Sang went to her room to take a nap before dinner, leaving the twins with us. Morgan and Cole are currently sleeping on the twins, leaving the rest of us free to discuss what Phil called me about earlier. It would seem that he saw Owen and Sean in the hospital, right after talking to Sang in the hallway. They didn't seem to notice her as they were at the front desk asking a nurse some questions. Good thing that nurse wasn't Sang; I'm not sure how she would've handled it.

"So now that we know they're here, what are we going to do about it?" Marc asks me. "Do we tell Sang?"

"I think we should find out why they're here first. They obviously don't know about the twins, since she found out after they left," I tell him,

Right after I finish my sentence, my phone begins to ring. I see the twins start to rise at the sound, and I quickly go out to the balcony to take the call.

"Hello?"

"Chicken," I hear the person on the phone say.

"Ficus," I respond.

Random is Academy protocol. Who could this be? We don't have any ongoing assignments.

"Reston Metro Station, 10pm. Bring your team."

"Who is-"

I get cut off by the dial tone before I can finish my sentence. Walking back into the house, I throw my phone to Corey, who has his hands free now that Cole is playing with Marc.

"Trace the number that just called me. Priority 1," I tell him.

"On it."

He gets up from the couch and goes into the guest room that holds his laptop. As soon as he disappears down the hallway, Sang comes out stretching.

"Morning malen'kiy burunduk (little chipmunk)," Raven greets her. "Enjoy your nap?"

"Hush you," Sang responds while going over to Morgan and Brandon. "What's for dinner, my love?"

Sang let's the kids pick their dinner twice a week; once for each of them. Today must be Morgan's turn.

"Hmmm, chicken and mashed potatoes, with string beans," Morgan responds happily.

"Coming right up," she says with a kiss to her forehead.

"Don't I get a kiss?" Brandon jokes with a laugh.