Chapter 19: Information and Miscommunication

~Sang~

"Alright, so now that we know who we're looking for, we did a back search of where he's been since the Academy took him away." Victor starts off.

Corey picks up, "Right, it seems the Academy actually didn't send him too far like what they did with Nathan's dad. They just sent him across the country."

"A few months after he was removed from the Lee household, he settled down in Boise, Idaho. He got a job as an engineer in one of their tech companies where he met his girlfriend of three years, Monica Geller."

"It seems their relationship started in October of 2012," Corey continues. "Their social networks both show vacations and "usies" that correlate with each other for the next three years. On April 23rd of 2015 Monica posts, "I can't believe I gave that lying bastard so much of my time. It's time to focus on me.", to which right after she changed her relationship status to single."

Victor takes a breath, "From there, Mr. Lee's social media goes quiet for a bit, until he enters a new relationship in February of 2016. Much like with Monica, he posted pictures and status' of him with his new girlfriend, Phoebe Buffay, all up until May of 2019."

"What happened in May?" I ask with a head tilt.

"That's where it gets interesting," Corey tells me. "August of 2019 is when the guys left. According to Phoebe's social media, in May, she found out she was pregnant."

"But why would he leave if he was so happy?" Marc asks.

"Who knows," Corey shrugs.

"The man's got family issues," says Victor. "All we know, is that between May and August, his trail goes cold. All of his social networks got shut down, he quit his job, and stopped paying the bills on his house. Even canceled all of his credit and debit cards."

"He obviously didn't do all of this at one time," Corey tells us. "He's not an idiot, and he would've had to know that that would raise some red flags. But over those four months, he slowly starts to disappear off the grid."

"We didn't manage to pick him back up until he boarded a flight to Charleston in August."

"I guess that's when Volto One and Volto Two meet face to face," I mumble.

"They had to have been communicating during those months while he was off the grid, but we can't figure out how." Corey sighs.

"Anyway," Victor continues. "He gets picked up from baggage claim in Charleston, in a black Toyota Camry with a reflective plate, so we couldn't look it up. We're going to try looking up phone records now, but we just wanted to let you guys know where we're at."

"Great work, Victor, Corey," Owen acknowledges. "How about we take a break for lunch. Sang, you've fed the kids, correct?"

"Yeah, I just gave them some sandwiches."

"That should be enough to hold them until dinner. North, you and Luke get started on lunch for the rest of us. Corey, Victor, no heavy digging until after you've had something to eat."

"Consider that an order, Cor," Axel backs up Owen's command. "We don't need you guys passing out from working yourselves to the bone."

"Aye aye captain," Corey smirks.

"Yes sir." Victor mock salutes.

With his millimeter smile in place, Owen continues, "Everyone else, try and relax. We have information now. We're close to finishing this, I can feel it."

Everyone gives a nod before dispersing. North and Luke go in the kitchen, with Brandon and Marc following behind them. Gabriel and Sean drag Kota into the kids room with them, while Axel and Owen walk into the guest room. Nathan and Raven start playing a racing game, while Corey and Victor go back to their laptops.

Silas get's up from his place on the couch and comes to stand in front of me.

"Can we talk?" he asks lowly.

At my nod, he picks up my hand, forcing me to stand, and guides me to my bedroom. Once inside, I take a seat on my bed as he closes the door behind him. He keeps the distance between us, leaning on the door with his head bowed. I'm starting to get worried when he heaves a huge sigh before saying two words.

"I'm sorry."

~Silas~

The last thing I wanted to do was interrupt my brother with Sang when it finally seemed that she was letting us back in, but Corey and Victor needed to talk to us, and they were a bit...preoccupied. I was elected to intervene since it was less likely that North would attack me. And now, after all that has happened today, looking at her sitting there patiently on the bed, all I can think about is how I wish it was me those lean legs were wrapped around. How it was me she was groaning and moaning for. How I wish to be able to taste her sweet kiss again.

But directly after these thoughts, all I feel is shame. I yelled at her with our children in the car. We've just gotten new information with this whole Volto mess, and all I can think about is having her toned legs wrapped around me as I plunge into her over, and over. Making her scream my name to the high heavens, and giving her the most intense orgasm of her life. I'm ashamed of these thoughts. I shouldn't be thinking them, not right now. Not with everything that's going on. So I apologize.

"I'm sorry, Aggele Mou."

"What?" she asks, tilting her cute little head. "What could you possibly be sorry for?"

"Earlier in the car...my yelling at you was uncalled for. Especially in front of the kids." I start off small, there's no need for her to know that all I can think about is making slow, sweet love to her.

She sighs my name, "Silas, you don't need to apologize for that. That didn't even make me upset."

"It didn't?"

"No, it didn't. Actually, I was pretty glad that you stopped treating me with kid gloves." At my puzzled expression she continues. "I want you guys to say what you're really feeling. I want you to get mad. If you're passionate about your opinion on something I wanna hear it. Don't dismiss it because you don't want to get me upset. Hell, get me upset! Fight me, argue with me. Parenting is a partnership, we have to be able to communicate about anything and everything. If not for our own relationships, then for the kids well being. They don't need to see their parents acting like they get along only to have something blow up seemingly out of nowhere. I may not want them to see the actual fighting but it's ok for them to know that we are. We're only human, we're not perfect. Heaven knows I'm not. But talking through it, and working through our problems is the only way that we'll be good at this parenting thing."

"And if it's more than just parenting I want to do with you?"

She stands from the bed with a smirk and walks over to me. When she gets right in front of me, she takes the open sides of my button up shirt in her hands, and pulls me away from the door, looking up at me with mischief twinkling in her eyes.

"Well I heard makeup sex is pretty sweet, but I wouldn't know."

A deep laugh bubbles out of me, causing her face to light up as she smiles up at me. It's a position we were in often so long ago, so I do what comes natural.

"Aggele, what do you call a bear with no teeth?"

She giggles as she looks up at me, shaking her head. "I don't know, Superman. What do you call a bear with no teeth?"

"A gummy bear."

"Haha, would you shut up and kiss me?" she laughs.

That I can do.