Chapter 5: A New Reality

~Gabriel~

Holy fucking shit! I'm a dad! I'm a fucking dad! I don't know how to be a dad. I don't know the first fucking thing about being a parent!

Neither did Sang.

Shit! We left Sang alone for five fucking years to raise our kids! Fuck! What the fuck are we supposed to do? How do we fix this? Sang hasn't said a word to us since we've stepped foot in her house. And speaking of the house, who decorated? Because I definitely approve, but we'll come back to that later. Sang hasn't even looked at us!

In the hall, she talked to the Toma team, when the twins first came in the living room, she spoke to them. Why won't she talk to us?

Why do you think she won't talk to you idiot? You left her for five years without a moment's notice. Then you just pop back up? Do you really expect everything to just go back to the way it was?

No! But I do want to know how the hell I can fix it!

Great! Now I'm talking to myself.

I look over at Victor and Morgan playing with a rubix cube. How the hell is he not freaking out about this!? Cole is in my lap trying to show me his favorite truck, and all I can think about is how royally we've fucked up. There has to be a way to fix this.

A few minutes later, Sang and Axel walk out of the kitchen of Luke's dreams with trays of hot chocolate.

"Sang Baby, are you really going to let them have that junk this late?" North asks, while eyeing the chocolatey treat.

"Some things never change," I mumble.

Cole looks over my shoulder towards Sang, causing me to turn my head to look at her as well. Her shoulders are tense, and her head is bowed. Her shoulders rises up as she takes in a deep breath before raising her head to look at Cole.

"Cole, would you like to tell your dads why mommy's ok with you having chocolate this late?" Sang asks him with a tight smile.

"It's not real chocolate," Cole responds while reaching out for the cup in Axel's hand.

North goes speechless, while Sang and Axel hand out the rest of the cups.

"Cole, buddy?" Luke asks, looking suspiciously at the cup in his hand. "What do you mean it's not real chocolate?"

"There's no sugar, Daddy Luke," Morgan answers, since Cole is drinking. "The milk is Almond Milk, the chocolate packets are low calorie and sugar free, and the marshmallows, well, the marshmallows are real." She finished with a shrug before taking a sip out of her own cup.

"Oh, thank God," Luke breathes out a sigh of relief. "At least there's some sugar."

"That's why we only get two," Cole tells him.

North looks at his cup suspiciously before taking a sip himself.

"This is actually pretty good. I can't tell the difference."

"Of course it is North. You didn't think Sang would give her kids something bad, do you?" Marc instigates.

"I didn't say that," North growls out.

"Mommy, can you help me and daddy with the rubix cube?" Morgan asks, breaking the tension.

"I'd love to, baby, but I think your Daddy Kota would be more helpful. He's really good at those," Sang responds from her spot by the kitchen between Axel and Brandon.