f i r e

│ s t a r g i r l │
‣ chapter four ‣

"Eva, are you okay? You seem a little...uneasy?"

Noora's voice snaps me out of my thoughts. I look up at her and send her a reassuring smile. I hope she believes my poker face. I'd prefer if she doesn't find out.

"I'm fine, Noora," I lie "Why would you ask that?"

"I don't know," she shrugs "You just seem out of it today."

"No...no, I'm all good."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"You better be."

"Okay, mama!" I yell playfully.

Noora chuckles and pokes my cheek.

I'm mid-way through biting my burger when a presence is seated next to me. I turn to my side to see the devil himself.

Great timing, thanks, Christoffer.

I set the burger down, lifting my finger to the corner of my lips to rub away the mayo when Chris beats me to it. He wipes the remnants with his thumb and then pushes it to his own lips to suck the sauce away.

"I don't think I've ever seen a girl eat like that before," He comments.

"Well, I'm never a lady when I eat."

"Oh, I wasn't complaining. I like that you actually eat. Most girls I know eat salads that they don't even normally finish."

"Salads? How can people eat salads, there's like no taste to it."

Chris laughs. Just then his hand comes to my thigh, slowly trailing up towards my lady place. I shut my legs tightly to somehow trap his hand from reaching further up.

"I want something to eat," Chris announces for the entire table to hear.

Noora and Sana perk their heads up at the sound of his voice. They switch their focus to him, which is exactly what he wanted in the first place.

"Please remove yourself from this table, fuckboy," Sana stares at him in disgust.

"Don't flatter yourself, Sana, I'm not here for you." Chris remarks flatly "I'm here for Eva actually. I'm going to grab some food for myself so excuse us, kind Noora."

Then he looks over at Sana subtly. "Sana," he says in a dry tone.

She pulls her middle finger up at him. "Run along, Christoffer."

He lets out a small chuckle and stands up from his seat, motioning for me to follow him. I get up and join his side. I can feel his hand come down to feel my ass but I swat it away in case the girls' witness.

I can't have them knowing about it. It's something that I should only keep to myself as it was a stupid thing I initially agreed to. It's my responsibility and I have to face the consequences. No matter how bad they are.

Chris walks outside through the double glass doors to join the queue for the food truck. I stand next to him, quite awkwardly, not knowing exactly what to do.

"We're going to a party tonight. I would ask you if you're okay with that but it's not your decision."

I hum. "Okay."

His finger comes under my chin as he forces me to meet his eyes. "Please look at me when I'm talking to you, sweet Eva."

Well, I understand one thing for sure. When Christoffer Schistad wants something, he gets it, regardless.