t o l v

│ s t a r g i r l │
‣ chapter twelve ‣

"Eva."

I can feel fingers jabbing into my hips relentlessly. My eyes open, in a rather disoriented manner, adjusting to the blinding light in the room. I groan when I turn over to see who it is.

I recognise a shirtless Chris.

"What do you want?" I grumble.

"Time to get up." He announces. "We have our first lecture soon."

With a sigh of refusal, I roll over to my other side.

Chris lets out a rather mischevious laugh.

Next thing I know he grabs my ankles and attempts to pull me across the bed. I clutch onto the corners of the mattress with all the strength I have but he pulls me across the bed so fast and without any effort that I just have to give up.

I end up falling off the bed, landing on my butt unattractively as the sheets fly all around me.

"You're an ass."

"I love your ass." he returns, offering a hand.

I grab it and he pulls me up to my feet. Then he plants a kiss on my lips.

"How does a quick fuck sound?" He asks with a small smirk after he pulls away.

"I need to shower," I grumble, pushing past him to head to the bathroom. My stomach has been aching like hell the moment I woke up this morning.

I've definitely started my periods.

I'm indeed right.

I take out a pad from the lower drawer. I never use tampons due to the fear of it trapping inside of me and never coming out again. Yikes.

When I walk back into the room, Chris is folding up my bed sheet before he places it into the laundry basket.

And then I realise.

"Ah, shit." My hands come up to my face in embarrassment.

"No, no, don't feel that way," Chris steps over towards my direction. He places his hand on my face, his thumb stroking over my skin as he sends me a reassuring smile. "It's normal, Eva. Do not worry."

A small smile tugs at the corner of my lips. "Thank you."

"No worries." He murmurs softly "Come on, now, get dressed. We'll head out for some coffee and then hit our first class."

"OK."

His lips meet my forehead. "OK."

Just then, we are interrupted when the dorm room flies open. Noora rushes inside and slams the door behind her before she faces us.

She is breathless as she stares at the pair of us.

"Hello," she starts off with a slightly unsure tone "Chris. Eva."

"Hi!" I greet her with a sheepish grin.

Then I look over at Chris to indicate that he should wait outside for me. He nods understandingly and grabs his jacket before he saunters out of the bedroom.

Noora sends him an awkward smile as he walks through the door. When it closes, she looks back over at me. She folds her arms with a perfectly arched eyebrow.

"Eva." She repeats.

"Noora." I imitate.

"Chris?"

"Nathan?"

"William's back."

"Wait—what the fuck?"

Noora tucks a loose strand of her and purses her lips as if she is trying to hide the smile that creeps on her lips.

"It's true. The first thing I did when he came over to me was slap him. Then I kissed him, then I slapped myself to confirm the fact that I wasn't dreaming. Then...I hugged him. I held him so tight that I'm sure it hurt." She explains.

I squeal out of excitement.

"Who ever thought that the one and only Willhelm would come back for me?"

"Uh, this person right here!" I retort.

Noora grins.

"He's meeting me later for a chat. An apology I'm assuming. But enough of me and more of you. What is going on with you and Chris? I want all of it. Remember, best friends don't keep secrets."

I stay silent for a moment to contemplate. I decide to tell her. After all, it's Noora. My Noora. She has to know.

After I finish my summary of the past month, her expression distorts into a rather shocked one.

Her mouth forms into an oval shape.

"Wow..."

"Ditto to that." I respond, languidly "I fucking hated him for doing that."

Noora rolls her eyes. "You only hated him because you didn't hate him at all."

"Uh, I literally felt like gouging out his eyeballs and feeding them to him." I blurt out. That sounded way better in my mind.

"Only love can make you that crazy, sweetheart." Noora winks over at me.

I send her a sarcastic smile. "Uh-huh, yeah, shut up. I'm so not in love with Chris. I mean, Christoffer Schistad? Who the hell could possibly be in love with him?"

Noora lets out a sigh.

"Listen to me, Eva," she begins in a firm tone "I know you hate to admit, but you're in love with him and he's in love with you. It's literally painted across both of your faces."

I process what she says.

A side of me is convinced by what she says, on my behalf of loving him, but the other persuades me to believe that somebody like Chris could never love. Especially not a girl like me.

"I saw that look of disappointment in his eyes when he saw me enter. He was gutted when he left the room." Noora continues.

"So, what you're telling me is," I pause to exhale "Christoffer Shithead is capable of loving somebody?"

"Yes. And that somebody is you, Eva," she smiles softly "If you don't believe me then walk straight through that door and tell me that he isn't there because if he really cared about you, Eva, he would be standing right there, waiting for you, regardless if he gets late to his lecture."

I swallow tensely. Then I pull myself up and do as she says.

I grab the door handle and walk out into the hallway.

Chris is standing directly in front of me, leaning against the wall. The moment his eyes connect with mine, they somewhat lighten up.

Just by looking at him, it sends flutters into my chest.

I've fallen for him.

I've fallen in love with Christoffer Schistad.

wtf ily guys so much thanks for the support <3

- all the love, malika