t i

│ s t a r g i r l │
‣ chapter ten ‣

The faint noise of a tune similar to the 'Happy Birthday' song rings faintly in my ears. I stir in my sleep, shifting my body around.

"Happy birthday to Eva! Happy birthday to you!" I hear voices sing together, completely out of tune.

My eyes jolt open.

That's when I see Sana and Noora approaching my bed with a mini cake on a plate. I groan. No, it's way too early for this shit.

I groan and bring my pillow over my head to avoid listening to the pair. When the song finishes, relief washes over me.

"Thank god for that," I mumble into the sheets.

Noora slaps my backside causing me to remove the pillow from my face and get up. I send them a weak smile.

"Yikes, you look like shit." Sana comments "Rough night, was it?"

"Oh, well thanks, that's supposed to make me feel better, huh," I stretch my arms out and yawn.

"We're throwing you a party," Sana announces.

Noora smacks her arm in annoyance. "Sana! That was meant to be a surprise."

"Oops."

Noora rolls her eyes. "Well, I'm going to head to first class now. Sorry for ruining it for you, Eva but I'll catch you at five here, we'll all get ready together."

"No..no, it's fine, Noora. Just planning a party is enough for me." I send her a reassuring smile.

Noora returns the gesture and quickly rushes over to envelop me in a hug after handing me the plate.

The moment she and Sana leave, I shove the cake down my mouth, devouring it's chocolate goodness.

I slide off my bed after swallowing the last remnants and head to the shower room. I complete my morning routine of getting ready and then grab a few textbooks for my first lecture and make my way to the second floor where it takes place.

As soon as I enter, my eyes drift to Chris who sends me a rather toothy grin. Oh for Christ sake.

When I walk closer to my seat, which is right beside him, he stands up and grabs my shoulders, pulling me into his arms.

"Happy birthday!" He cheers.

"Yeah, yeah, OK. Thanks."

I wriggle out of his grip and plop down into my seat as the lecturer arrives.

Once the lesson finishes, Chris and I exit together. His arm falls around my shoulder as his signature smirk adjusts to his lips.

"It's yo birthday, so I know you want to ride out," He begins to sing quietly in my ear. "Even if we only go to my house."

"You're such a dork."

"Not a dork, I am."

"Does not make sense, that."

"Hey," he waits till I look up at him before he speaks again "do you wanna do something illegal?"

I scoff. "Are you crazy?"

"Probably."

I roll my eyes.

"Let's go skinny dipping." he suggests.

"That's not illegal," I point out.

"It is if we do it at a private lake."

"Oh, god."

Chris indeed sticks to his word and fifteen minutes later, we arrive in front of a fence that prevents people from entering the lake behind it.

I narrow my eyes at him. "You fucking shithead. Why are you doing this to me?"

Chris only giggles in return and grabs my hand swiftly as he proceeds to climb over the fence. His hands fall to my hips as he lifts me up so that I'm able to get over it. For a minute, his hands linger on my butt.

After my feet touch the ground again, Chris has already climbed over and is stood by me when I whirl around.

"You ready, Bonnie?"

I sigh and give in.

"Let's roll, Clyde."

He grins and rips off his shirt along with his skinny jeans eagerly. Then his eyes roam over to my body as if he's waiting for me to replicate his actions.

A smile creeps at my lips and I remove my clothing piece by piece. Chris bites his bottom lip whilst he watches me.

"Catch me if you can," I murmur lowly in his ear before running over to the sea.

Chris starts to chase after me.

The moment the water makes contact with my naked body, I shiver. I want to get out immediately but Chris's broad smile prevents that.

His arms snake around my bare waist and he playfully lifts me up into the air. The noise of the water splashing around us echoes with our laughter.

This is right. This is true. Despite everything, I find myself falling for him more as every day goes on.

At last, Chris places me down. His soft chest presses up against my wet back and his chin rests on my shoulder. He snuggles his face into my neck and I squeal a little, leaning into his touch.

"You're a beautiful person, Eva." He tells me.

My breath is caught in my throat when those words escape his lips.

That's the first time he's complimented me, not my body, but me.

I turn around to face him and kiss him. Just like that. I kiss him so deeply, so passionately that it sends my body into a wave all sorts of delightful sentiments.

Chris's hands come up to my face and he pulls me closer to him. His tongue traces at the seam of my lips, and at my grant of access, delves into my mouth.

Suddenly, he pulls away.

I frown at the loss of contact.

"Eva," he breathes against my lips. I can taste his minty breath.

I hum as a response, curious of what he wants to say.

"That video...it never existed."

thank you for reading <3

- all the love, malika