f j o r t e n

│ s t a r g i r l │
‣ chapter fourteen ‣

"I don't really know if what they say is true; that you can hear what one says when you're in a coma but here goes."

A long sigh is taken.

"I totally didn't mean what I said to you. I panicked...I fucked up. Stupid of me to do so, I'm an absolute - okay maybe I should leave the insults about how much of a shithead I am and let you scream them at me instead - obviously when you're awake. But I just want to tell you, you do mean something to me. More than I thought. That's why I text you constantly and I ask to meet you all the time. I always want to be with you."

"Please wake up, Eva. You don't understand how hard these long hours have been without hearing your sweet voice."

As my eyes jolt open my limbs flex in shock. There is an excruciating pain in them, around my entire body too. I recognize tubes coming out of each of my nostrils. I try to sit but for the moment my legs are rigid, weak and shaky. I blink, close my eyes, and blink again.

My mind is attacked with images of all the events that have occurred. Everything becomes clearer to me now.

"Evaline," his voice cracks.

I look at him. He has never looked so broken before. It's as the life within his features has been drained out.

"You're awake." he bends forward from his reclined position in his chair. "Oh, my god. You're awake."

His eyes turn glossy.

"W..What happened?" I ask in a shaky whisper.

"Well, after I stormed out, I took the time to think through stuff, and then I realised it. I'm, in fact, in love with you - but when I came back to your dorm room, you weren't there. So I went back to mine and I found blood and broken glass on the floor. I dreaded the worst. It wasn't long until Noora rang me and explained what had happened. I felt like my heart broke in pieces. I took no time to hesitate and drove to the hospital. You lost a lot of blood and therefore fell into a coma. It's been six days since you were last awake."

I'm lost for words, completely. Innumerable thoughts are racing through my mind but the one that stands out the most is him admitting to loving me.

Christoffer Schistad loves me. Who thought it could take being unconscious for one hundred and forty-four hours to hear those words finally escape his lips?

The euphoria exploding through my veins gives me the energy to sit up and lean towards his face. In an instant, my lips crash on his.

Our lips move in perfect sync and he pulls away to whisper:

"I promise I will never leave you."

I smile against his mouth and then sink back into the hospital bed. I spend a little while inaudibly staring at his face, just observing his beautiful features.

"What made you realise it? That you loved me?" I ask, raising a playful yet inquiring brow.

He purses his lips thoughtfully. "Well, I always end up returning to you, don't I? When I used to sleep with girls in the past, I never communicated with them again..but you, you're different. You have this strange thing about you that makes my mind crazy - in a good way. You are special to me, Evaline Kviig Mohn."

My cheeks burn in flatter. I would have poured my heart out just then, but I contain it. He can't say all of this just to then betray me a couple of days later. Despite falling for him, the trust I had previously gained towards him is ruined.

He needs to prove that he's capable of securing my trust again.

"I have trust issues, Christoffer," I mumble quietly.

He nods in an understanding manner. "I know that. However long it takes, Evaline, I will earn your trust again."

"I hate you so much for putting me through that shit, but I'm still in love with you."

"I'm sorry, angel. I'm so so sorry. Never again. I love you too much to commit another sin like that." Chris reassures me.

We sit there for some minutes, staring at each other. The steady beeping of the machine beside the bed is the only thing that can be heard.

Chris's hand nervously comes to the back of his head as he clears his throat. "Weird question, but, dance with me?"

The corners of my lips turn up. "Of course."

Relief washes over him and he stands up, pulling the cover of the white sheet across my body, giving me access to my legs. His arms tenderly glide around my waist as he lifts my body against his, shrugging my arm so that it wraps around his neck.

I inhale his chest, being greeted with my favourite scent.

I don't notice all the 'Get Well Soon' gifts until I view my surroundings. There are various balloons, all around, decorating the room with vibrant happy colours.

Chris places an earphone in my ear while the other remains in his.

Stay by Rihanna plays lowly.

He skillfully moves with the angelic melody of the song, holding my body securely to his. I press the side of my face against his broad chest while his chin rests on the top of my head.

When the song is over, Chris still rocks me slowly.

"Life, it's easy to be scared of, Evaline. With you, I am prepared for what is yet to come."

As I move to look up at him, the door crashes open.

Immediately, my eyes move to the person that has entered.

I recognise Noora.

Her chest heaves up and down while tears flow candidly from her eyes. Her bottom lip quivers while she looks at me. Without another moment to kill, she races in my direction in the middle of the room.

Chris lets go of my body just in time for her to grasp it and draw me closer to her chest.

I can feel her tears pour through my white gown.

"Oh, Evaline." she sobs.

I can feel the waterworks taking place.

"I'm here, Noora. It's okay, I'm here now and I won't ever leave you again."

thank you for the support and reads! yes, this story is finished - it's incredibly short i know but i hope you guys enjoyed<3 many thanks ;)

- all the love, malika :)