cliché?

It seemed odd to Stiles. Odd that he was the one to support himself for once, rather than depending on the aid of those unwilling to give.

As school dragged on, he suddenly realised the overwhelming power the pack used to have over him. They suffocated him.

He'd like to say it was a group affair, but Allison was the only one who distanced herself from the relentless jeers and jibes of her pack mates.

He knew she cared, even though she was unable to stop the torrent of abuse.

As he sat in fourth period, he could feel the eyes of the pack burning into his head, but Stiles was almost pleased but their sudden realisation of his importance.

If only they knew the true extent of his power, it may sound arrogant  to perceive it in that way, but truly Stiles was scared by the unknown power festering in him.

He had only experience it two or three times in his entire life, when he had reached breaking point and was uncontrollably sad or angry.

He recalled setting fire to a picture of him and the pack after a particularly tough day, however he hadn't expected the flames to erupt from his palm.

From that day on he could only feel the slight flame of it within him, and whilst fire was so far most prominent power it seemed that levitation could play a part in his future.

With Mr Willis mumbling on about calculus at the front of the classroom, Stiles almost laughed at how cliché his situation sounded.

Bullied teen acquires overwhelming powers after years of both subtle and not so subtle torment from his so called best friends.

If only this was a book he was reading, rather that his life, but it seemed god had dealt him an unusual hand.

To be brutal Stiles was worried;

worried that one day, something will push him over the edge and expose his true self..

He had some form of control of his abilities, thanks to books his mother had gifted him. He practised every so often doing small things, lighting a candle or lifting a book. Small actions that only strengthened his confidence.

It seemed she had predicted Stiles' predicament from birth, only sharing his worries with her husband and no one else.

Unlike Stiles however, she had seen his powers as a gift rather than a curse. Bestowed upon someone who had suffered so much sadness, perhaps a chance to remove sadness and pain from the lives of others.

If only they both knew how close the day was that everyone would see how gifted this boy was.

If only they knew..