blush

Stiles couldn't believe it.

Three years. It had been three years since he first met Derek. Three years of glances. Three years of daydreams and hopes and wishes. To put it bluntly, three years of pining.

And now he sat in front of him, head in hands admitting what Stiles could only dream of.

'You and me?' Stiles' mouth gaped slightly, his mind spinning.

Derek sunk back into the sofa, his face visibly emotional.

'I'm sorry... I really... I should've told you but you never showed any signs of feeling like that and... well I was just scared that you wouldn't accept the mating because you were human. Well I guess that last bit isn't so true anymore.' Derek rambled, something Stiles had never seen the alpha male do before.

He sat there, still in shock.

'Well... um... how do you feel towards me? Is it all just because of the mating or... um...' Stiles mumbled.

A silence fell on the loft, both men trying to process what each had said.

Derek got up, heading towards the kitchen, running the tap he poured himself a glass of water - fatigue evident from his nights perched in the tree.

'I don't just feel like this because of the bond Stiles.' Derek had the glint in his eye that Stiles had missed, the look of dominance.

Stiles looked up, a slight smirk on Derek's face.

'So you like me, because of me?' He was confused.

'Yes, I like you because I you.' The words rolled off his tongue so easy, his demeanour so different to mere minutes ago. He tilted his head as if prompting Stiles to give some sort of response.

'Derek, I've... um.. I've lov...' just as Stiles was
about to admit what had sat on his tongue for three years, the doors to the loft slid open.

Peter waltzed in, a smile erupting on his face as soon as he saw Stiles on the couch.

Derek smiled at Stiles, he knew what Stiles was going to say even if he hadn't said it.

Stiles squirmed under the eyes of two alphas, a blush spread across his cheeks.

'Stiles! It's so nice to see you. How are you?' For once, Peter had spouted something genuine and not sarcastic.

It was easy for Peter to see the bond between his brother and Stiles, in his mind it was as plain as night and day. Then again he regarded himself as a genius compared to others, so he wasn't so surprised that this relationship was so pre-pubescent.

'Oh I'm sorry, was I interrupting something?' Peter smirked, he knew full well of Derek's late night outings.

'No' 'Yes' Stiles and Derek both said at the same time, Peter simply laughed and walked away - he knew better than to argue with Derek in a situation like this.

Derek made his way back to the couch, sitting closer than before and Stiles could feel the heat rising to his cheeks at such close proximity in such a short time.

Derek leant back.

'You were saying?' He folded his hands together behind his head, the picture of comfort.

'Well, um I was just saying how, um' Stiles stuttered, suddenly the words that usually flowed from his tongue had dried and shrivelled up.

Derek just simply raised an eyebrow, Stiles face spoke more in that moment than he had done in the last three years.