18

Anastasia Volkov

I felt my arms be pulled back into the direction of my cell. The leader chuckled as I was brought in. I was chained up and I prepared for the cackle of the whip on my back.

"Are you ready for your beating Russia?" He asked. I whimpered. He laughed at my fear and whipped me again and again. I kept my mouth closed as I tried keeping the screams away. He'd hurt me more if I made a noise.

"I wanna here you scream!" He yelled and whipped me harder. I screamed in pain. He hit me again and again.

"Please! Stop!" I screamed. I felt someone shake me and I was pulled out of the nightmare. I opened my eyes and backed away from the person.

"Please... just kill me..." I whispered. I prepared to be hit by the intruder. Who brought me in a hug instead. My reality came back to my room in the mansion. I hugged the person back and cried.

"Anastasia... what can I do? How can I make this better?" Kol asked me. I didn't reply as I cried.

"I can't-" I stopped, crying again. He rubbed my back. We sat there for a while so I could calm down. Once I did I just sat in Kol's lap clinging to him.

"Love? Would you like to try to go back to sleep?" He asked me. I shook my head no violently. If I slept I saw the doctor and the leader. He sighed.

"Do you want to talk about the nightmare?" He asked. I sniffed and sat up getting off his lap.

"I-I'm ok... I'm sorry to wake you.." I said lowly. I walked to the bathroom and turned on the light looking for tissues. He leaned up against the door.

"I'm here for you Anastasia. I promised you I would be for the rest of my life. I will help you get through this." He said looking at me. I just stared into the mirror at my body. It was covered in scars.

"How can you look at me? I'm covered in scars. Im hideous." I whispered trying to hide my arms but there were scars on my face. Kol looked at me through the mirror.

"Anastasia. Those scars don't mean anything to me. Your body is just one more thing that makes me love you. You could be the colour purple and I wouldn't care. I love you to much." He said hugging me from behind. I flinched at the contact. He noticed sadly and pulled away.

"My face." I let my fingers glide across the scar across my face. Over my eye to the end of my cheek. I couldn't look at myself. I clenched my fists and turned around towards Kol. He stared into my eyes.

"Anastasia, your just as beautiful as you were when I met you, and then when I married you." He said and I was the one to initiate the hug this time. I held him tightly. He picked me up and we went downstairs and he set me on the kitchen bar stool.

"What are you doing?" I asked lowly.

"Making you breakfast." He said. I nodded and sped upstairs and slipped on sweat pants and a large sweatshirt. I went back down stairs to see the rest of the boys up. I put my hood up and sat back down on the bar stool looking down. Self conscious about my face.

"Good morning Ana." Elijah said getting a coffee.

"Morning." I said and looked at the floor. He sighed. Soon Kol set a plate in front of me. I thanked him and started eating.