19

Anastasia Volkov

After that conversation I just wanted to be left alone. I had gone back to Kol's and I's room and just laid down staring at the wall. I looked at the long mirror which faced me. I could see myself. I just looked at myself. How ugly and horrible the skin was.

"Anastasia." I heard Kol's voice out of nowhere. I turned and saw him close the door. He sat on the bed next to me. I went back to my earlier position.

"If anything these scars make you more beautiful. Which is hard because you are already the most gorgeous woman in the world." He said smiling at me.

"Well now I know you've officially lost your mind. And you've gone blind." I said into the pillow. I turned away from the mirror and looked at Kol.

"Come with me, let's go to the grill." He said and I immediately shook my head no.

"No I'm not going out looking like this. You couldn't pay me enough." I said. Kol chuckled.

"Darling I love you, I won't push you to do something you don't want to do. But I think if you give it a go you may be surprised on what people say. Plus these people know you. This town knows you. There feelings about you won't change because of your appearance." Kol told me. I blushed. Maybe he's right. I sighed.

"Ok fine, I'll go get dressed in something.. normal I guess. I'll be right back." I said. I sped up to my room and picked out a pair of jeans and a Jack Daniels t-shirt and a jacket. I pulled my hair up and grabbed some make up. I applied what I usually would wear but a little extra on the scars. I went downstairs and Kol saw me. He smiled.

"Gorgeous as ever darling." He said kissing my head. I smiled and we left and went to the grill. We got there and I was immediately self conscious of my appearance but I tried to not let it affect me. Surprisingly no one really said anything or stared. I mean I got some looks but that was it.

"See no ones gonna judge you." Kol reassured me. I smiled and nodded. Maybe now I just have to live with my new skin. Our life together won't change because of it. That's how life should be. No matter how ugly things get. You will alway have that happy ending.