Chapter 3: Rock Steady

----------CommENT----------

"So, why did Katie Holmes divorce Tom Cruise?" Elliot said, waggling his eyebrows at all of us. I swear, if he tells one more bad gay joke I'm gonna-

"Apparently he's been in A Few Good Men! HA! Get it?!" We all groaned. After three hours of searching, we hadn't found anything close to water. Well, scratch that, we found a purple coconut like fruit, but it was like stone and this ain't Minecraft. Not to mention Elliot the boy wonder kept telling the most tasteless jokes in the history of comedy. If you can even call it comedy. Lord help us all.

I wiped the sweat from my forehead with the back of my hand, licking my upper lip. It was more dank than a hooker's vagina on a Saturday night in this jungle.

There were pluses to this unbearable heat, though. Not only was my shirt sticking to me, but so were everyone else's. And Lance's body...hot damn, his white shirt was clinging to him like a pair of good spandex. I resisted the urge to lick my lips some more as Lance wiped his arm across his forehead as well, sighing. God, it was like a porno. Not to mention the four other hotties around me.

It was like heaven in the midst of hell.

"What's the difference between a refrigerator and a homo?" Elijah glared death at his twin, apparently having heard this joke before.

"Elliot, don't you dare-"

"The fridge doesn't fart when you pull the meat out!" He exclaimed, then abruptly burst into laughter until Elijah smacked him hard upside the head. I shuddered.

"Elliot, that was gross. You are gross." I commented. Lance wrinkled his nose and nodded in agreement.

"Seriously. I don't know how much longer I can stand Elliot's bad jokes, not to mention water. How close do you think we are to finding any?" Lance asked, directing his question at Keaton. He and Felix had decided to stay with the group out of self-preservation, but Keaton demanded to lead the pack. No one cared, we just wanted to find water. Plus he could probably squish us all minus Lance.

Keaton grunted. "I'm not sure. I feel like this place is running us in circles. In fact, I could swear I've seen that same tree before..." Keaton said, pausing in front of a palm tree with a huge knot in the side. He was right. We had passed that exact tree three times now. I gasped, getting everyone's attention.

"H-He's right! I fucking passed that tree just thirty minutes ago." Elijah looked from me to the tree, studying it.

"Guys, come look at this for a second..." He said, gesturing us over. We all gathered closer, peering down at the knot in the tree with him. He raised a hand slowly, bringing it closer to the knot. We all held our breath as he gently tapped on the knot in the tree with one finger. He froze.

We all stared at him for a few seconds before I couldn't take it any longer. "Well? What is it?!" Elijah turned to look at me, his eyes wide.

"The middle of the knot...it's glass." I widened my eyes in shock right back at him.

"What the hell-guys, it's moving!" Keaton exclaimed, but before any of us had time to react the whole ground beneath was shifting, moving. We all stumbled, grabbing onto each other or whatever tree was nearest to us. I grabbed onto the tree with the knot, as did Felix.

Everyone else wrapped their arms firmly around a nearby trunk, all of us desperately trying not to be thrown off our feet. I grasped Felix's arms around the tree so he (and I) wouldn't go flying into the distance. I squeezed my eyes shut as bits of tree branches and bark fell from above, the noise of the tree tops shaking sounding like hurricane winds.