Chapter 6: Young and Beautiful

---------Comment pls ill give u a kiss xoxo-----------

          For the rest of the day, we trekked as far away from where we found that colossal spider as we could. Which probably just meant we were moving into another hungry beast's territory, but what choice did we have anyway? We kept small talk as we walked, occasionally eating berries or stopping to hide when we heard even the smallest of noises.

It's safe to say we were a little paranoid by now.

I found that Lance seemed to know the "101 ways to make Jeffie blush" without even trying. All he had to do was tell me he had an older sister back home in Louisiana, I'd say aren't the summers hot there, and he'd say with you around they'd be even hotter and i'm a mess. Cheesy puns just fit him so perfectly they don't sound sleazy.

The twins argued with each other, me, or Keaton a lot of the time; Elliot being the instigator usually, and Elijah having to stop us from throttling him. Felix strayed to talk to me or Elijah a few times, but mostly stuck with Keaton. Despite Keaton's vehement protests to liking any of us, he was pretty possessive of Felix. Felix didn't seem to mind too much, though.

Hell, if Keaton didn't seem like he hunted bears and saber tooth cats in his free time, I wouldn't mind either. But given his muscles are the size of my head and his voice is deeper than the Mariana Trench, I choose to steer clear so I don't get squashed.

Lance, on the other hand, somehow had all the qualities I liked (and didn't know I liked) in him. I was a sucker for dimples, a lean body and a sense of humor, but I had no idea cheesy one liners and excessive optimism turned me on.

I looked at Lance from the corner of my eye, watching him hum quietly to himself. "What are you singing?" I found myself asking before I could stop myself. He looked over at me, humming stopped.

"Pompeii, by Bastille. Have you heard it?" I nodded, and he smiled at me. "That song always makes me feel better. If I could choose one song to listen to for the rest of my life, it would be Pompeii. Plus, I'd totally bang Dan Smith into next week." I rolled my eyes, but smiled back nonetheless.

"You're a pervert. But that is amazing, and Dan Smith is hot." He made a noise of agreement, but questioning lit up his eyes.

"Jeffie, can I ask you something personal?" I looked ahead of us, the rest of the group was occupied in their own conversations like we were currently. I sighed.

"What's on your mind?" I said, looking back at him. The way he was looking at me made my heart skip a beat. He looked like he was trying to unravel me layer by layer with just his eyes. He realized I was looking now, but he didn't seem to care. He kept right on staring, until I gulped and cleared my throat. He blinked, shaking his head.

"I was just wondering, you know....if you were gay. I'm sorry, I know that's out of line and completely random, and it's only been a few days we've known each other but I can't help but want to know if the guy I'm slowly becoming fascinated by even plays for my team."

The last statement actually made me stumble, and Lance immediately reached out to keep me from falling. His hands were on my shoulders, and I slowly looked up to meet his gaze. Even if I wasn't gay, there is no way I could not be attracted to him in this moment.

My eyes dropped to his lips unintentionally, and I could feel my face redden as his eyes lowered to mine as well. Oh hell, I don't care if we're in the middle of a jungle deathtrap on hell island, I'm kiss this idiot's mouth right off his stupid face-

"HEY! LOVEBIRDS! You wanna get left behind and eaten or something?!" Keaton's loud, especially obnoxious at this moment voice snapped me out of my stupor, causing me to awkwardly stumble away from Lance.