10 | Gifted

CHAPTER TEN
(x. gifted)

"I AM SO sorry

"I AM SO sorry." Cassie apologised when she saw Pietro and Wanda sitting in their 'observation rooms' which look terrifyingly a lot like prison cells. They had changed a lot since the procedure -- especially Pietro, whose hair had turned a vibrant silver, just as she had predicted, and eyes were now a sharp cobalt. Wanda had gone opposite however, and her eyes constantly flicked from hazel to scarlet.

"It's not your fault." Wanda reassured.

"But if I could have seen, I could have helped you -- but here you are trapped like... lab rats!" She exclaimed, shaking her head and staring at her new friends trapped behind glass so Baron could test and observe their powers.

"Cassie, we volunteered for this ourselves." Pietro added, trying to calm her down.

"No. I don't like this." Cassie finalised, deciding what to do and turning on her heel to find Baron.

"Cassie where are you going?" Wanda questioned.

"To get you out of there." She proclaimed.

"Be careful, любов" Pietro cautioned.

"Don't worry. I know my way around, speedy." Cassandra winked over her shoulder as she exited the room.

//\\

Cassie was in Dr. Josefs office, he had fully recovered since the incident with Wanda (which she profusely apologised for), and he was discussing something in a hushed manner with Strucker when she entered.

"What is it, meine Kind?" He implored.

"They can't stay in there like that. It's inhumane." Cassie immediately started.

"They're unsafe. They cannot be allowed the same privileges as you." Baron sighed.

"Why the hell not?!" She screeched.

"They might harm somebody else." Dr. Josef added.

Cassie rolled her eyes, "I can train them! Help them become better -- be able to fight."

"You? You're going to teach them to fight. You're just a child." Baron scoffed.

"You want to see how much of a child I am?" Cassie seethed, "step right up Strucker."

Baron looked her up and down before focusing on her determined look, the raw and angry emotion in her eyes. "Fine. You can train them."