13 | The Avengers

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
(xiii. the avengers)

CASSIE RAN DOWN the stairs as soon as Pietro disappeared in a blue blur

CASSIE RAN DOWN the stairs as soon as Pietro disappeared in a blue blur. She slid the door shut and sped away herself, she did not know when Tony would arrive but was hoping to find a hiding space before he could.

Unfortunately, her footsteps immediately stilled when she heard the door slide open. Cassie barely had time to settle next to the cold wall before he came down the steps. Her hand clasped around and old metal bar leaning next to it and she poised her self ready to swing it into his body.

She heard his voice before she actually saw him and it momentarily shocked her as it was one she hadn't heard in so long. Memories tried flooding in but she pushed them back and set her mind on the mission.

"Yeah well, I got something bigger." Tony Stark spoke emerging from the archway.

Instantly, Cassandra swung her body and the pole around to make it connect with his torso. Luckily for her he wasn't in his Iron suit so he was forced backward by the sheer intensity of her hit.

He tried looking up to catch a glimpse of his abuser but Cassie swiftly elbowed his cheek before he could get a good look.

"C'mon old-timer, you're making it easy." She mock complained, secretly happy she didn't have to face off with him in the suit.

"Cassandra?" Tony gasped, eyes wide and staring at the attacker -- his niece who he'd been trying to find for three years, "Cassie is that you?" He repeated.

She stood frozen, even allowing a feeling of deja vu to wash over her as she heard him speak her name. It felt familiar, good, safe. Her eyes brimmed with unwanted tears, a reaction she didn't expect.

It was as if someone else was in control and she didn't like it. Cassie had the dread of a deer caught in headlights. Multiple visions overwashed her mind, her with the man in front of her being happy, being sad, it left her confused. What kind of future was she supposed to have with Tony Stark?

He had slightly recovered but was also in complete shock, hesitantly he reached out for the girl he knew so well -- yet looked different from the last time he'd seen her, less of a child.

Cassandra reacted by punching him straight in the nose and running back up the stairs. "Wanda! Pietro!" She screamed as she went trying to alert someone to come. She was helpfully answered with a very mystical looking Wanda running towards her.

"He's outside. Go." She said, not even questioning her shook posture.

//\\

Cassie suddenly found herself running from the facility, trying to find a safer place -- like Pietro. She was utterly confused and dazed. It felt wrong to be anywhere except with him. It was refreshing, she'd always felt out of place as a part of HYDRA but knew nowhere else to be.

The snow made her shiver and the light partially blinded her and she tried to escape, yet she still ran. Suddenly a loud explosion which made her ears ring, knocked her off her feet.

Cassie felt her body hit a solid back, supposedly a tree. She rolled over, coughing but still attempting to stand up. Her weight felt heavy and all she wanted was to crawl in bed but she needed someone familiar.

"Pietro!" She called, coughing afterward. Cassie felt like crying and giving up -- she was experiencing the day from hell and it was never ending.

She lay back down trying to let the ringing from her ears die out, when suddenly her vision was clouded by a male silhouette. Her vision focused and she saw faint blue outlines, a smile graced her face, "Pietro." She gladly welcomed but as he became clearer she realised it wasn't who she wanted.

His expression was one of shock so she seized the opportunity and jerked out her foot to land in his face. Although, he seemed ridiculously strong and it hurt her foot.

Yet she still proceeded to struggle to stand up and attempt to run away.

"I need backup, now!" The man yelled into his earpiece.

From her peripheral vision Cassie caught sight of red hair coming closer to her destination. It flung itself onto her knocking her back to the ground.

"Get off! Help! Pietro! Wanda!" She screamed, starting to fight off the figure. Cassie landed a good punch that loosened the grip on her shoulders, she followed up by flipping the red-headed girl making her the one on the ground. Cassie started to punch her but was pried off her by strong hands on her waist.

The red-head she suddenly realised was the Black Widow, threw a hard punch straight into Cassie's nose definitely causing blood to spill from her nostrils.

The last thing she heard was: "Stark you might wanna see this." the man said into his earpiece before her background faded into blackness.

AN:

only 13 chapters in and we actually start Age of Ultron ahaha