18 | Family

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
(xviii. family)

THERE WERE ONLY two Avengers Cassandra hadn't met: Clint and Thor, but everyone else was in the room nonetheless

"Look who's returned!" Tony exclaimed as they entered what seemed a training room. They were atop of a big platform, with two staircases leading down to a large area with lots of equipment.

Everyone looked up from what they were doing to see who had just entered along with Tony. Cassie stepped next to him observing all the activities going on in the huge room.

Natasha stood smiling at the young girl in the far corner with a tall, lean man who had a sharp and intimidating glare. He had short hair and was dressed head to toe in black, Natasha matched and they looked quite the pair. Around them were multiple targets, Cassie assumed they were for the weapons the man had adorned on his back.

Awkwardly stood next to Steve and Thor was Dr. Banner, looking puny next to the man of muscle. Steve grinned widely to the girl he had only met briefly when she was sixteen years old. Thor looked confused as he looked upon the girl and suddenly realisation clocked in his face.

"Yes!" He exclaimed loudly, a smile gracing his face, "Lady Cassandra is home!" He announced to the group, who smiled at her.

Cassie couldn't help but chuckle at the eccentric man, dressed in an equally flamboyant attire. "Yes, she is." Cassie hummed, starting to move down the staircases and properly greet each Avenger.

After a while of fully meeting everyone and enjoying the short time (even with Clint who was anything but intimidating) Tony whistled to grab their attention, "welcome home Cassie!" He cheered.

"And welcome to the Avengers!" Thor declared loudly, making Cassie's mouth open wide in excitement.

"No." Tony deadpanned but Cassie was nodding any jumping anyway.

There was still a strange feeling in her, for years she'd been taught to hate them, and it would take a while but eventually she would settle into the small family.

//\\

Despite Thor being her new favourite (which she had teased her uncle about), he had to depart shortly to return to Asgard, so her eyes uncle was throwing a goodbye party for the god in the avengers tower.

The elevator dinged open revealing a room of conversing adults who were all drinking.

Cassie stepped into the party adorned in a midnight blue dress which stopped above her knees and tights to hide her pale legs. She smirked mischievously as she spotted a lone champagne glass on a nearby counter.