Happy Birthday

Note that I'd changed the last two chapters

In a few more minutes, I would finally become an adult. It was very exciting, but the pounding idea of meeting my mate soon was making me anxious. For a second, I wondered what if he or she didn't like me at all? Or what if he or she rejected me as soon as they saw me? Of course, it's really humiliating. But one thing for sure, I'd try to love him or her, nonetheless. 

Standing awkwardly in the middle of the crowd, I watched as people were having their fun. Kids were playing around, teens were too busy gathering around the food section as they stuffed some candies into their stomachs whilst all of the folks were simply hanging around, talking with tea or beers in their hands. The party, anyway, wasn't as grand as how other werewolves usually celebrating their birthday parties, yet, it was still nice nonetheless.

"Happy birthday, baby brother..."Cody said as he winked suggestively at me. For an obvious reason, I was still mad at him, at Carlisle and Cassandra for what they had done to me few days ago. But thankfully, all three of them had been taking care of me so finely, hoping that I would get better as soon as possible. And because of that, I couldn't stay mad at them any longer. They were, after all, the only siblings I had. 

"Thanks..." I smiled.

Beside him, there were Carlisle and the Beta of the pack, Derrick. Derrick and Carlisle had been friends since forever, and the fact that Derrick never seemed to leave Carlisle's side even many people told him that a Beta shouldn't be hanging too much around an Omega was definitely a friendship's goal. They seemed to have a fun moments after all, just by simply being with each other. 

"Are you ready to get your cherry popped tonight?" Cassandra butted in with a small wiggle of her brows. 

I snorted, but my other two siblings and Derrick were laughing so hard. 

"That's disgusting, eww..." I said, though, I could felt how red my cheeks already were. 

"It's going to be the best experience in your life..." Carlisle laughed. He patted me gently on my back, and for a second, I narrowed my eyes at him--only to be ignored. "...by the way, need some tips?".

"Ugh".

"Suck the head, and massage the balls..." Derrick then interrupted. And, upon hearing that, everybody but Carlisle stared at him. 

"Dude..." Cody grimaced. 

"You should give him tips on how to eat a cunt, moron..." Cassandra piped in. 

"Nah, I'm 500% sure that his mate will be a guy..." Derrick shrugged. "...he is the submissive after all".

"Yeah, but there is also a dominant female".

"I'm good at making a guess..." Derrick then answered nonchalantly. "...his mate is a guy. A jock, perhaps".

Then, I sighed heavily. 

"Guys, you're making it so awkward..." I said as I tried my best to hide my reddening cheeks with my two palms. And, like usual, they ignored me as they continued to argue about my soon-to-be mate's gender. 

"His features are meant to be dominated by a muscular guy".

"But what if it's meant to be dominated by a muscular female?". 

"And what if it's meant to be dominated by a muscular lollipop?".

"How about a muscular doughnut?". 

I sighed again.

"Guys, I'm going..." then I walked away, leaving those bunch of idiots who never seemed to grow up. Looking at the dark sky as I took a sip of my orange juice, I realized that the full moon was almost coming. Soon, my mate would come and claim me, and I got nervous--all over again--as I looked around in case I'm seeing someone suspicious. 

Then, in the crowd, I saw a pair of eyes--cold stare--that could only belong to a particular someone. I didn't know why, but at that moment, I felt I'm...attracted to him. Sure, he was very handsome. His body was muscular. But, before this, I had never feel this way. I continued to stare at him nonetheless, and when did he made his way towards me, I didn't even know. For a second, I was even confused when he gripped my forearm--tightly--as his breath reeked of alcohol fanning against my skin. 

"There you are..." he slurred. His cheeks red, his eyes were half-lidded. He didn't look like he was sane, or conscious enough to realize how dangerously close he was to me. Yet, though I was scared of him, this time, however, I didn't even flinch. Instead of breaking myself free from his touch, I pulled myself even closer to him. "...you're so...fucking...stupid".

I stood froze on my track. 

"Huh?".

"I don't believe it..." he said. His voice, just like his eyes, were dark with lust. It was something he never shown me when he looked at me. And when I looked into it, my wolf was scratching excitedly that it made me felt so giddy inside. "...you're my fucking mate, eh?" he laughed hysterically as if he didn't even believe what I had just heard. 

He's my mate?

Mate?

"W-what?". 

"I don't believe it that this fucking...stupid...idiot is my mate..." he laughed again. "...it looks like fate had decide to pull a prank on me, huh?" he hissed through his gritted teeth. "...but, do you think I'll believe it? No. I believe it is just some kind of sick joke".

And, if before this, I wouldn't give a single fuck if he said those things to me, yet this time, I felt like my world was crumbling. Sure, I hated Kyle. But...he was my mate. He's my mate. And, if he thought that the fate was pulling a sick joke on him, then I should felt sorry for him. It's a fate. And it should be something so beautiful. Probably, there was a reason why fate decided to put us together. And if it was because of some kind of good intention, then I'm ready to teach myself to love him even if he hurt me again and again. 

But only if I could make it...

"This isn't even real, right?" he growled in my ear. I felt the way he pinched me, so hard, and I whined in agony. "...you're not suppose to be the pathetic, sick little fuck who should be my mate. You didn't even deserve it to stand next to me, shitface..." he continued to taunt me as I just stood there, frozen, as I tried to hold my tears in. 

Fate should be something so nice, wasn't it? 

"Kyle".

"Gosh, even your voice is annoying enough, eh..." he said as he narrowed his eyes at me. There was something that made me excited just by touching him like this...and of course, I couldn't pull myself away from this man. 

Then, in a blink of an eye, he pushed me against the tree behind me--his hand pressed against my throat--eyes burning--as he growled dangerously closed beside my ear. 

"Kyle, what are you trying to do?" I whimpered. 

His face was darkened, and his smirk got tighter. Underneath the moonlight, we both realized that we'd been craving for each other--over and over again--even we both knew that we weren't in love. Not at all.