Breaking Up

When I got home, the first thing I did was looking into the storeroom I had forcefully put Cole to sleep in. It was dusty and dark, and the sickening, sharp smell of rat's poops and piss that felt like prodding into my nose was making me dizzy. I left the door ajar; just enough to give me the fresh air I'd needed as I started to look around, searching for Cole's belongings that I purposely had left in the room after the night we'd punch him to dead.

Cole only had a small backpack with him when we first moved in together. And when I checked into it, there were nothing but only a few basic things like shirts, pants, underwear and nothing else. He's such a simple guy though, and after I'd made sure I didn't left anything else in the storeroom; I put his backpack into my room and left to prepare myself some dinner in the kitchen.

Then, after I made sure I had all of the ingredients to make some omelette, I then started to chop the onion lamely. I wasn't anything close to an expert when it come to cook anyway, which was why I'd favored Cole's dishes so much since he could cook so well. You basically could ask him anything, and he'd cooked it for you like a real chef. And, truth to be told, though it's simple, I liked his scrambled egg the most.

I then smiled to myself like an idiot.

Honestly, I missed Cole's dishes. I even missed the way he was moving around as he was busy cleaning the house. I also missed the way he would pouted when he realized we'd run out of eggs or sauce --- which used to be one of the reasons I'd hit him because I just thought that he couldn't manage anything right. He'd cried later on, and me being fueled by my deep hatred; would just ignored him somehow.

My smile then faded.

What'd happened if I wasn't being that evil towards him? Or, what would happened if, instead of marking his body with bruises and scars, I kissed and touch his skin softly instead? Of course, what happened to us right now wouldn't be a reality. We would be the happiest couple in the world right now if I just learn to accept and love him in my life.

But, it was just too late. I had lost my baby and Cole hated me. I'd ruined his life to the point where dead wouldn't even be enough for me to repent my mistake. I knew I seriously didn't deserve his forgiveness, but I wanted to. I wanted to do everything with him and started everything all over again; only this time it would be a whole lot different. I wanted to change my mistake. I wanted that, no matter what.

~x~

I was busy arranging Cole's clothes into my wardrobe when suddenly I heard someone knocking frantically on the front door. From the sound of it, it was pretty obvious that the person was perhaps angry, so without wasting more time; I quickly opened the door.

"Mia?" I called out with a soft sigh.

Not saying anything further, she then quickly rushed inside and made her way into my room.

"What the fuck is going on?" she asked as she was glancing at the heap of Cole's clothes on the bed. "...since when do you agree to share a fucking room with him? Are you out of your mind?!" she added as she raised her voice slightly. Then, as if she had been possesed, she began to take every pieces of Coles clothes out from my wardrobe. "...you're being really disgusting right now, Kyle. What the fuck?!".

I sighed heavily.

"It's none of your problem..." I replied lazily as I began to crouch down to pick Cole's clothes up back. For some reason, of course Mia was just being seriously annoying right now. But then again, who am I to complain? She'd became like this because I just spoiled her too much. "...Cole will sleep with me in this room starting tonight".

"And what about me?" I heard she questioned in her undeniably angry tone.

I then raised my brows up.

"And what about you?".

"Where should I sleep the next time I'd decide to come? You know you're just being so stupid right now, Kyle. I would never sleep on the same bed as Cole. He's disgusting!" she answered; in a tone as if what she had said was the most obvious thing ever. Then, glancing at me with a sharp glare, she then added; "...thought you'd said that before. You said it yourself that he is indeed disgusting. That you would never touch him no matter what. But guess what, huh? You're literally are on your knees now, begging for his love like a stray dog..." she snickered. "...what a great love story, eh?".

I then clenched my jaw tightly as I stared at her with my burning eyes.

"Why don't you just go back to Henry, Mia?" I hissed through gritted teeth.

Faking a surprise, she then replied; "Are you throwing me away now? What a gentleman you are, Kyle. Cole is so lucky to have someone like you as his mate..." she smirked. "...so, so luc--".

"Shut up, Mia..." I retorted quickly. If before I only looked at her with pure love and adoration in my eyes, but right now there was a burning need for me to just kick her out of the house. Sure I liked her. But that was before when I thought she was always better than Cole. Then, decided to just drop everything off, I turned around and quickly added; "...why don't you just go away? I've got a lot of thing to do".

She snickered.

"Apparently, you're busy tidying up your dog's clothes".

"Don't say that about Cole, Mia. He didn't do anything wrong to you..." I almost growled. I looked at her thoroughly, wondering at myself how the hell do I ever being so in love with a woman like this? But then again, did I really in love with her? I'd never think about my sweet moments with her anyway. And plus, the only time where I would invited her to come over was when I desperately needed to get laid. Period.

"Oh yeah, I've forgot. He's not your dog. He's more like your fucking punchba---".

Then, not being able to contain myself anymore; a sharp slap was meeting her cheek.

"Say something again, and I promise I will punch you square in the face..." I said as she was looking at me with disbelief. Yeah, called me an asshole or whatsoever. Because I am indeed an asshole anyway. "...please get out of my house now".

She breathed heavily. She looked at me as if she was ready to attack me, but moment later, she finally said; "You're going to regret this, Kyle".

"Yeah, whatever. We broke up..." I sighed. And with that said, she glared at me again for the longest minute before she began to stomp away angrily.