I Miss You

When I woke up after almost a few hours later, I realized that it was already late at night. The curtains had been drawn closely together, dim light faintly lit up the whole room and beside me, sleeping soundly on the fairly tiny bed —— was Cole. He tucked his head neatly into the crook of my neck, skinny arm draped around my waist and his cute baby bump was pressed against my side. I was smiling like a lovestruck teen upon noticing how happy I was at that exact moment, and carefully, I turned slightly towards him to look at his sleeping face. He's so damn adorable, and I felt myself blushed.

"Hey..." I quietly whispered out. I wanted him to wake up, but at the same time, I wanted to stare at his peaceful sleeping face like this. He's beautiful. So, so beautiful that I felt like I was dreaming. I then carefully brushed his lip with my thumb —— the smile never seemed to leave my face. "...baby..." I called out again. I ran my fingers through his soft hair this time —— combing the blond strands gently where once in a while, I would also leaned forward to kiss him. "...baby. Good morning". And at one being said; he stirred a bit on the bed, but still, he didn't wake up though.

I pouted.

"...hey. Seriously though. Come on..." I whined as I softly squeezed his cheek. As much as I love staring at his cute little face, I badly wanted to hear his voice too...and his playful smile and adorable eyes because I really, really missed every inch of him. I wanted him to kiss me and tell me something that had happened lately with his fingers in my hairs as I laid my head down on his lap, kissing and laughing together over stupid little things without worries. "...Colleen...". I badly wanted him now. "...Colleen Cutler". Oh, wait what? My last name really suited him right though, and the thought of it made me grinned widely like a maniac. Colleen Cutler. Why the fuck am I being so weird tonight? But nonetheless, I really like the way the name rolled on my tongue. It's cute. I meant, Cole's original name was cute too, but when I combined it up with my last name like that; it turned out even cuter. I laughed. "...hey, Cutler. Your king here is awake..." I added as I softly shook him up. "...wake up".

Then for a few silent minutes, I was back in my calmest state. I lied down there —— eyes fixed on Cole's sleeping face —— as I ran my fingertips along his arm that was wrapped around my waist. He was getting closer and closer towards me each time I affectionately kissed him, my hand slipped into his shirt and one leg threw over his slim hips protectively. He clung onto me like a baby koala by the way, so I hugged him back as tight as I could, lips pressed on his repeatedly until he suddenly fluttered his eyes opened. Maybe I was acting too desperate though but, whatever.

Silently, Cole stared at me with his eyes slightly opened. He was seemingly confused though at first, and he blinked repeatedly with his brows tightly knitted together. He didn't say anything, but when he had finally gained his full consciousness —— his eyes opened wide and a huge smile quickly tucked on his pretty pink lips.

"Kyle!" he practically screaming. He jumped on top of me, and when I whimpered painfully due to the sudden impact; he quickly pulled away and apologized. I couldn't help but to laugh at his silliness though. "...the doctor had informed me that you're awake as soon as I came back to the hospital hours ago but, when I walked into your room, you are already fast asleep. I don't want to wake you up though..." he said with a slightly disappointed tone. "...I really miss you".

I smiled. The way he said that anyway, was so warm and pure that it almost made me cried in joy.

"I miss you too..." I replied.

"I miss you more..." he chuckled cheekily. "...like, really, really miss you".

"Oh, yeah? I miss you very much".

"I miss you as much as you miss me..." he replied playfully between giggles. His cute face though...it's just...fuck. "...anyway, do you want some warm herbal tea?" he asked suddenly as he jumped off the bed.

"Sure. Why not?" I answered. Cole helped me to sit up, and after giving me another kiss on the lips; he went over to fetch a cup and a teabag he'd brought from home.

"How are you feeling by the way? Better?" he asked as he filled the cup with warm water.

"Still slightly painful. My muscle was a bit tense though".

"I'll massage you later..." he offered. I smiled cheekily upon that said, and when he walked back to me —— I carefully took the cup from his hands and took a small sip. He climbed back onto the bed. "...anyway, had your father tells you everything?" he asked.

I frowned.

"He doesn't. I don't have the mood to talk with him anyway. So, whatever conversation he tried to initiate, I'll just shrug it off. He almost got me killed!" I replied. Cole then gently rubbed my shoulder upon noticing my tight expression —— that small smile never seem to leave his lips —— and it was enough to cool my temper down. Talking about my father definitely wasn't something I favor. Not now.

"I'm sorry for what had happened Kyle but, your father wasn't the one who's actually responsible for this. He didn't even know that Mia would be there —— preying on you —— because the forest where you had your test was strictly forbidden for an outsider. Mia was uninvited. She——".

"Did he told you this?" I cut off.

"Y—yeah".

I sighed heavily. "I don't believe it. That old man was trying his best to defend himself. Who he thinks I am anyway? I am definitely not an idiot".

"But they had Mia being imprisoned right now. Many had demanded to get her executed, but her father begged your father not to..." Cole said. "...because all in all, her action for attacking you and causing fatal injuries meant a call for war. Your father and her father were currently trying to talk peacefully about this however. I hope nothing bad would happen".

I then pressed my lips into a thin line. If anything, I am actually the one who supposed to make any decision about this matter. I could declare war on Mia's pack anytime I want, but of course, for the sake of our pack's safety; I'm not going to do that.

"Why they don't just kill her?" I voiced out. Cole then turned to me with his mouth hung wide opened —— seemingly shocked and completely disagreed with me. "...what if she comes back and——".

"But Kyl——".

"That bitch is crazy. She almost make our children ——".

"Kyle. She's ——".

"Who she thinks she is anyway? What the——".

"But, Kyle she's pregnant..." Cole quickly interjected. And upon that being said, I was silent. I looked at him with scrunched brows —— almost couldn't believe what my ears had heard. "...she's mated with Henry three months ago. Not a relationship she really wants, I guess, because she's still crazy about you, Kyle. Do you really want to kill an innocent child just because of the mother's mistake, Kyle?".

I was silent. I looked down at my lap and cleared my throat.

"...they still talk about this. But, your father had told me a few days ago that you're the only person who should make the decision. Then again Kyle, do you really want to kill a child because of the mother's mistake?".

I faltered. "I—I don't know".

Cole sighed heavily. "Please rethink about this again, Kyle. Let her go and forget everything or, kill her and..." he paused. "...I think you better get some rest..." he finally added. "...it's getting late".

And we did. Cole helped me to lie down, then he changed into his comfortable pair of pajamas pants before he hopped onto the bed with me again.

That night, however, I didn't sleep. I only held Cole against me as tight as I could —— with my mind was flying nowhere.