His Lover?

Lol. I lost the ranking for this book but, whatever

When I came back home, the first thing I'd noticed was an extra pair of shoes placed beside Cole's at the front door. I was confused at first, but then, I'd concluded that maybe Cole just had a visitor coming over. He must be lonely, I assured myself as I began to silently turn the knob of the door --- not wanting to think about anything else further because I was seriously tired. I wanted to take a quick nap.

"Cole?" I called out. I took off my shoes and casually walked inside. However, even after a few minutes later, I didn't hear any response. "...Cole, are you home?" I asked, now with a deep, confused frown on my face. I began to search around the living room --- only to find out it was empty. "...Cole, where are you?". And again, no response.

Confused, I started looking around our fairly huge hut. All of the rooms --- including the storeroom --- were empty. Then, as I was about to go the bathroom, I heard something from the kitchen. I quickly hid behind a wall.

"I miss my baby, Doctor..." I heard Cole said. His voice was soft and almost inaudible, but I still could hear it very clearly though. "...if--if he is still alive now, maybe he'll---" he paused. He inhaled deeply, and silent sobs hitched inside his throat. "...I really miss him". And at that one being said, tears gathered in my eyes as I looked down at the floor sadly.

So, is that why he'd been acting so cold lately?

Then, I heard a soft, soothing hush. I peeked at them again; my heart was now thumping loudly against my ribcage when I'd saw the man was brushing his fingertips against Cole's arm. I'd saw the way Cole's sad face turned a bit calm upon the man's --- whom I knew was the doctor who'd treated him at the hospital few months ago --- soft gesture.

"It's okay. I know you can do this..." the doctor said. Then, pulling Cole a little bit closer towards him, Cole leaned his forehead against the man's chest. "...I know you're a strong person, Cole. Please don't give up just yet. Just please take this as a challenge to gain your happiness. There's always a rainbow after rain. You can do this..." he said. I heard Cole's muffled cries as he tightly clenched the doctor's white shirt. "...you're strong".

"Thank you..." Cole said.

I silently watched the both of them behind the wall; my jaws clenched tightly due to excessive jealousy as my wolf started to cry. It was in pain, and when I'd saw Cole was hugging another man didn't only put a scar on me, but my wolf too. It was pure torture, and at the seconds I'd saw the doctor silently pressed his lips against Cole's hair --- I definitely couldn't contain myself anymore.

"Hey, what you're doing?" I asked --- quickly stepping out of my hiding place. Both of them looked up at me as they hastily pulled away; Cole's cheeks red as the doctor now awkwardly pressed his lips into a thin line. None of them were responding to me though. "...Cole, what the fuck are you doing?".

Cole looked away.

"...answer me, Col---".

"He just needs someone to talk to. That's all..." the Doctor was the one who answered. I looked at him, my breath was harsh as I couldn't hold my anger.

"By the way, who do you think you are? Kissing him like that..." I hissed.

And at that one being said, Cole immediately looked at me.

"Kyle, it's not what you think. Ch-Christopher is just---".

"Shut up, Cole!" I shouted out of pure rage. And when I'd noticed that Cole was flinching, I'd instantly regretted it. I shouldn't shout. I shouldn't shout. I turned to Cole, regret was filling my entire heart as I tried to reach him, but he just pulling himself closer towards the doctor. "...Cole, I'm sorry. I--I didn't mean to shout at you. I w--was mad, and jealous and...I'm really sorry".

Cole sighed deeply. He didn't bother to say anything to me as he just silently smiled warmly at the doctor.

"Doctor, I think you should go..." I heard he then said. I looked at Cole sadly; I was aching to wrap my arms around his petite body and pressed his against mine.

The doctor then jutted his lips out slightly as he stared at Cole thoughtfully.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay anyway?" he asked concernedly.

Cole nodded lightly and, after he gave him a small hug, the doctor walked out of the house --- leaving Cole and I alone. I waited for the front door to finally clicked shut before I'm able to say anything else to Cole.

I stared at him silently --- absolutely not know what to say as quiet awkwardness wrapped the atmosphere around us. And when I heard the front door finally clicked shut, I started to say;

"Col---".

"Are you hungry?" he interjected. He turned around --- his back was now facing me. "...I'll prepare some tea for you. Maybe you should have a shower first. You look tired as hell".

I sighed heavily.

"Cole, I think we need to talk".

He was silent. He ignored me as he was busy filling a kettle with some water.

"Maybe later?" he then replied. His voice was soft and low. "...I'm busy".

I sighed. I knew he was trying to avoid me but, maybe I'd try again later. And, trying to hold myself from bursting my excessive madness and sadness out, I took a really deep breath. I tried to calm myself down, my face heated up as I looked at the floor silently.

"Later, okay..." I muttered out under my breath. I'd noticed how much he looked like he didn't give a fuck, and for a second, I'd realized if this was how Cole felt every time he'd saw me with Mia. It was a painful feeling though, so painful and torturing that I almost shed a tear as I walked away.

If just by looking at him hugging with another man already bothered me enough; I totally couldn't imagine if he ever did the same thing with that doctor like how I'd did to him when I was still dating Mia. But still, although I knew I deserved this, it's hurt as hell.