Chapter Four ~ Prunella

The first thought that came in to my head was,

"How did my father destroy your family?"

But, something interrupted my guilt. She didn't call me 'Voldemort's' daughter; she called me 'Tom Riddle's' daughter, which actually made all of the difference. Well, except for her freaky tone of voice, which made my think that I had lost and gained the same amount of progress.

"I... Uhm... I'm not Elysia Riddle..." I began, trying to get the dry words out of my throat.

"Of course you are!" she snapped, before her expression softened.

"I only meant, that I accept you... I don't think you're awful." she said, her voice sounding as wrinkled as her face.

You know those 'follow your gut' moments? This was one of them. And my gut currently wanted me to grab some floo powder and get the heck back to the Burrow. Except, I didn't have any Floo powder, so I was kind of stuck here for now.

"Well, I'm not responsible for what my father has done..." I began slowly, as if trying to dodge a madwoman.

"Of course!" she cried, standing up and following me closely.

I back away, trying to get away from this woman and back to the safety of the Burrow. Her eyes were wide and brown, maddened beyond belief. Her death were rigidly crooked, nearly as bent as her long nose, but nothing was more disturbing than the wand in her hand.

"How do you know who I am?" I stammered, nervousness expanding in my throat.

"My Master loves me... He trusts me so very much..." she croaked, her words short and curt.

"He's... your master?" I gasped, feeling like an even bigger idiot.

"He will love me... He will see when I bring him Elysia... Wormtail..." she murmured, her eyes widening with insanity.

"Right... Of course..." I choked, glancing behind me to see where I was going.

Currently, we were navigating through deep, emerald hallways, the crimson living room far behind us. Faint pictures littered the walls, all filled with dark haired, long-nosed sullen looking people. I had no idea where we were going, but I couldn't turn away from the woman.

"I have served him since he was young... He knows I am loyal!" she screeched, her old, battered legs quickening in their pace.

I was running as fast as I could backwards, but their came a point where I just had to turn and run for my own dear life. Behind me, the woman was screaming about how loyal she was to Voldemort, and how he'd 'love' her when she brought me to him.

My heart was hammering against me chest, threatening to burst at any moment. Why on Earth was I running through a labyrinth of dark green walls, with a follower of my father behind me, threatening to take me to him and have him love her?