Chapter Twenty-Three ~ The DA's Escape

While the rest of the school murmured excitedly about the Weasley's legendary departure, and Niamh's eyelashes batted at an unhealthy rate towards Neville, I couldn't keep my new (and fast-paced) visions from entering my mind.

I found that the forseen vision of my dead sister and Fred Weasley was soon replaced by that of a massive room filled floor to ceiling with dusty orbs, tiny plaques rusting beneath them. A sense of foreboding clung desperately to this vision, and I could not look at Harry Potter without seeing the orbs in his eyes.

I was sure that Harry had also seen this room, and the only way he could have was if it was to do with Voldemort. It was a good idea to confront him about this, but he seemed so caught up with Ron's stage fright on the quidditch field, as well as everything else in his life (apparently) that he had no time to speak.

I watched eagerly as him, Ron and Hermione snuck off in to the woods again, no doubt to see the giant brother of Hagrid's. Yet another advantage of these 'visions' was that I easily glimpsed in to people's lives, and doing so I saw Hagrid's little big secret.

The thing was, this couldn't wait. I needed to confront him, because Voldemort comes before giants and games of quidditch. Yet, something stopped me from storming down there and forcing him to listen to me, because right now Harry was blissfully ignorant of the issues surrounding him.

I figured it was only a matter of time before he was going to have to snap out of this teenage haze, and face up to Voldemort, so I let him be. Imagine the consequences, anyway, look what I did to Drew after I was pressured into growing up too fast.

Speak of the devil, he was walking right towards me in the hallway.

Our eyes met, and I immediately turned to walk away. His footsteps quickened in pace, as did mine as I ran as fast as I could away from him. I didn't even look back, I just kept running and running until I could no longer hear his footsteps.

As I rounded a corner, I saw in the corner of my eye Drew at the end of the hall, deathly still. Pausing for a fraction of a second, I saw that he looked... broken. His eyes looked so terribly sad that I opened my mouth to speak, but nothing came out.

So, I kept walking. I turned my head from him and looked directly ahead of me, and I kept walking. A metallic taste entered my mouth, warning me of an oncoming vision. I saw Drew's eyes and hair, his body slowly growing as the vision grew more vivid.

No! I couldn't see him right now! Breaking away from the vision, I felt the most awful pain swell up in my chest. The air caught in my throat as spots of black spread over the vision of Drew, like the ink on the tip of a quill dripping onto the parchment.

I widened my eyes, but the black continued in spreading until I was blinded. I waited for my eyes to open, so that I could keep walking, but nothing happened. I felt my limbs still, so I stretched out my hand and saw it before me, ivory white in the darkness.

The blackness shifted into dark green tiles, bordered with black. My feet were bare, and freezing on the tiles. This was a little... too real for my liking. Walking onwards, I saw a single door that stood out on the wall, which was covered in doors.

Somehow, I knew that it wasn't locked. Turning the handle, I saw the crystal orbs that had been plastering my recent visions. Before I could observe what was happening, a red light blasted in my direction, and pelted into my head.

A searing pain spread through me as I collapsed under the weight of the stunning spell. When I opened my eyes, I saw that I was on the ground of the hallway, my hair bloodied. Using my fingers to trace the blood trail, I found that I had hit my head against the stone as I fell.