Chapter Ten ~ Moody's Lesson

Life drifted miserably for the next week or so. Drew demanded heavy amounts of public affection to keep his friends pleased, and I didn't really want to touch him all that much. We were in some sadistic game, neither one of us going to quit first.

Stupid.

That's what it all was. But the most stupid thing of all is the fact that I ruined our perfect friendship to be loved. How had I let my insecurities and issues overtake sense and ruin all of this? Every morning I sighed and forced myself out of bed.

Niamh had proved herself to be an honest and true friend, but what substitute was she for Neville? Just the internal mention of his name was enough to make my heart plummet and my stomach struggle to control it's rampant butterflies.

I missed him so much that I could, and probably would, cry. I pulled my knees to my chest and ightened myself in to a ball as I once again mourned Neville's absence. Why did I have to lose him to realise how much I needed him?

"Come on, Elle, hop up. We have Mad-Eye Moody today..." said Niamh softly, placing her arm on my shoulder.

"Yeah, we all love Moody, c'mon." piped up Paige.

"I can't... I just..." I began to sob, feeling at ease around my two friends.

"DREW! COME QUICK!" screeched Jane on arrival in to the room.

The mention of Drew's name made me sob harder and longer, and Jane's wicked tactics made it worse. I detached myself from it all, why did it even matter if it was degrading for everyone to think I depended on Drew to keep myself stable?

Who cared?

"I'm so sorry..." Niamh whispered, leaving with Paige as Drew's commanding presence entered the room.

My friends had given up being around us, because Drew was not the bright, bubbly boy around me that he was around his friends. He reminded me increasingly of Heath, which was cruel of me to think. With tear-stained cheeks, I looked up to see his stony face glaring at me.

"What are you sulking about now?" he hissed, sitting down beside me.

I couldn't help but dive in to his arms, trying to fetch from him the comfort that the entire grade thought I recieved in our little private sessions. For a few moments, his arms settled on me and I was left to devour his sweet scent, but soon he tensed and shook me off of him.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" he growled, standing up and looking down on me.

"W-what?" I sniffed, sitting up bolt upright.

"You chose him, you want him, but why do you even do that stuff?" he bellowed, jabbing his finger in to my chest as he said so.

Because I think I killed a woman.

Because my father won't publicly announce me as his daughter.

My other father, Lord Voldemort, is rising and is coming for me any day now.

I have a prophecy determining that this will be the hardest thing I have ever done.

Dumbledore doesn't like my friend, Willow.

Dumbledore also knows that I will probably die young.

I love Neville with all of my heart, but you won't let me see him.

I'm lost, so ireccovably lost, and even if it tears my heart apart, I want you, I want anybody to help me out a bit.

"I don't know." I choked out, keeping my thoughts in my head.