Chapter Four

Flashback

The week before prom was something that Layla didn't have to worry about. Nobody had asked her to go.

Almost every senior was excited about prom.  With any girl she would talk to, she would only hear about dresses and makeup. Even Chris! Chris was going to prom with Jesse. They were like the high school sweethearts and everyone loved them.

"Chriiiiiiissssss! I'm sooo bored!" Layla said as she slid into her seat further, they were in math class and currently in break since the teacher hadn't gone.

"Laaaaaylaaaa, stop being soooo annoying!" She said mimicking her actions and pushing Layla away when she started cling on to her,then suddenly turning and giving her a mischievous look.

"What is it? Do I have something on my face?" She asked sitting up immediately when she saw the look on Chris's face.

"Looks like someone," she said leaning in "particularly a very cute exchange student, takes interest in you!" She said and started singing "love is in the air! Tuturu tuturu love is in the a-"

Layla's face turned brightly pink and she leaned back with a pout.
"There is nothing in the air, only like millions of bacteria"

"Awful liar! Yes there is" she said tauntingly. "I have evidence! One: He only talks to you, when he is super quiet with everyone else" she explained, raising her fingers with each point "two: he is always looking at you, I have noticed. And you look at him too, sneaky pig  Three: the most important one! He is super cute!"

Layla stared at her unbelievingly " are you serious" her expression blank as Chris kept rambling.

"I mean come on! Have you seen his eyes?! There are like soooo blue and hypnotic!"

Layla groaned and facepalmed, her friend was unbelievable....

But even though Chris was being silly, Layla knew that she was right.

She had developed a crush on the guy.

His name was Geheim Jäger, he had come to the United States in senior year because of his father's business trip.

Well that's what he told Layla.

He had the most adorable accent and an amazing taste in music. Music was one of the most important things for her, and for him to like what she liked made him a thousand times better.

"Well... Ugh yes I sorta do have a crush on him..." Layla murmured.

"I knew it!!" Chris screeched causing many to turn to look at them.

"Hush! Stop being so loud!"

"You should ask him to prom!"she whisper-yelled.

This time, Layla yelled causing people to turn to them again"What! No!"

"Hush! Stop being so loud!" Chris mimicked, bringing Layla to roll her eyes. "What I mean, is that he probably doesn't know much about prom since he's foreign. You should ask him since he's so lonely."

"That's rude! He isn't lonely! Even though, I couldn't, you know I suck at that stuff. Plus it's already to late to get a dress, prom is this weekend."

"To bad, I wanted to see you in a fancy dress, not in those rediculous jeans and band shirts."

"Shutup!" Layla said and hugged her torso to cover up her shirt. "I love my shirts. Anyways, you gave me this one, remember?" She complained pointing to her shirt that read the Jimi Hendrix experience "It's like you encourage me to wear them more!"

"Ok ok! Calm down. Back to the topic, what exactly will you do on prom night?"

"Well I don't really know, I'll probably stay home and watch movies."

"Well I know someone who would be a perfect movie partner" Chris nudged Layla,making her turn towards Geheim who was in the last row.

He turned up at the same time and those piercing blue eyes met hers.