Chapter Ten

Mrs. Reed was a very calm person, but as soon as she heard her daughter's friend voice on the phone, she knew immediately something was wrong.

"What is going on, Cris?" She said, trying to maintain her voice as calm as possible.

"I- I would like to know if she was with you" she could hear the nervousness in her tone.

"No Cris, why?"

As soon as she finished her sentence, she heard sobbing on the other side of the phone.

Alarmed, Mrs. Reed began to panic, "Cris?" the ony response was more crying.

"Cristina?!" She urged the young woman to keep talking

"M-mrs. R-reed" Cris said between sobs, "Layla hasn't been home since some days ago"

Only the worst came to her mind, scenarios in which her daughter wasn't safe, and even -hopefully not - dead.

No words came out of her mouth during a minute or two, but to her it seemed an eternity. Through the phone, Cristina was still crying, and also there was a voice in the background soothing her.

She found the closest chair and sat down.
"Are you sure that she isn't with a friend?" Mrs Reed asked quietly.

"Yes! I'm positive, I've called all of our friends and none of them know where she is" Cris responded between small sniffles  "I should have called straight away, but I thought she might have stayed in someone's else's flat, like Elisa's"

"It's ok, I will call Mr Reed, thank you so much dear."

As she ended the call, the horrible feeling in her grew as she started dialing her husband's number.

Lol filler chapter, sorry