Chapter Nine

Layla woke with a groan.

She wasn't in the white room, she was in a distant room, a bigger one, this one looked more welcoming.

This time, she stood up slowly, noticing the typical pain in the head that came after them taking her.

She sighed sadly as she got up.

Her first memory was Gehiem. A tear rolled down her cheek as she remembered him. She was her first real love.

And it hurt her to know that he was the cause of all her problems, all her pain.

Looking around she noticed that there wasn't many furniture in this room either.

There was a large wardrobe to her right and to her left the door. The bed was positioned in the center against the wall. A nightstand was on each side of the large bed with a very elegant lamp to decorate on each one.

It looked like it belonged to someone, by the looks of it, probably a woman.

As she reached the wardrobe, she noticed it had small details engraved on it. It was very beautiful.

She slowly cracked it open and let out a gasp at the contents inside.

Many dresses were hung up, from long and elegant ones to a simple summer dresses.

She passed her fingers through the many fabrics, feeling the different  textures on her fingertips.

Opening the door wider, she saw the full body mirror hung inside. A single picture of a beautiful woman and a small boy was taped on the mirror.

The small boy was smiling widely, with a gap from where there once where teeth, with his eyes squinting. The woman was embracing him lovingly, her blonde hair was long and slightly curly.

She looked like a model, truly beautiful.

But then she remembered...

Flashback

"Ugh!! Moms are so annoying!" Layla groaned as she let her head fall on the coffee table in the living room. They were currently listening to music and "studying", sitting with their legs crossed on the ground between the sofa and the table."You know what I mean?!"

She had just gotten into a discussion with her mom about something very simple, but it still annoyed her very much.

Layla looked up when there was silence, only to meet Gehiem's awkward expression.

"Gee?" She asked scooting closer to him. "What's up?"

"Well, the truth is that I didn't get to be with my mom much, she died when I was little." His accent thick as he  explained and scratched nervously behind his head.

"Oh gosh, I'm sooo sorry, i-i didn't mean- I" Layla stuttered as she blushed.

"Hey, don't worry" Gehiem reassured holding her hand, she only looked at their hands and smiled like a goofball, she felt silly every time he was near.

They sat in comfortable silence until he  wrapped an arm around her shoulder, leaning his head on top of hers.

"I don't have much memories of her, so when she died, my father left her belongings in a room." He sighed deeply and when Layla looked up at him he had his eyes closed with a calm expression. " I remember that after the funeral, they moved her stuff straight away to the new room. There was a huge wardrobe that I always used to hide in, I'd stay there and hide between the dresses. They somehow smelled like her, they were very reassuring when things would get tough with my dad."

Layla looked at him with awe, she inspected every curve and line of his face as if he was a work of art. He opened his eyes and turned, causing his lips to be centimeters away from hers.

She stared wide-eyed deeply into those hypnotizing eyes of his and lost herself in them, only to come down to earth when she felt te soft skin on her lips.

Realization hit her as she stared at the photo. This was the wardrobe.

She gasped loudly and closed it.

"Do you know what that is?" She heard a deep voice making her yell.

"What the fuck Gehiem!!" She yelped as she tried to call herself. " You scared the crap out of me!!!"

She kept her distance and took a step back when he came forward.

"Do you know what room is this?" He inquired.

" Yes" she replied bitterly. "I know what room this is. Why am I here?" She asked through gritted teeth.

"Because you are special to me, you are the only one I will ever let in this room." He said with a deep tone that was taking Layla time to get used to.

"Special!?!" She yelled finally losing her temper. "Fucking special?! Are  you mad?? You kidnapped me!! Is that fucking special to you? Special enough to cause me pain??" She asked tears staring to fall down her eyes, " And I ment in Germany, not in this room."

"You don't understand..." He said slowly.

"I don't understand?!? I'll tell you what I understand! My family and friends are worried SICK, they don't know where I am, my whole life is ruined, I was one of the top in class!! You took that away from me without my opinion!! I lost everything!!" She screamed and wiped away the tears from her face.  She slumped down to the floor, feeling absolutely depressed.

Gehiem just stood there, looking down at her. He was scared to reach out for her, so he didn't.

"We will speak later, when you have calmed down." He said and left the room.

Layla held her head in her hands and muttered a soft "fuck you" before the door was closed.