Chapter Twelve

The police station isn't a pleasant place to be on Sunday morning.

One would rather be at home, preparing for church, Mrs. Reed thought.
But as she crossed the door accompanied by her husband, Christine and Jesse, all she could think about was sorrow.

The atmosphere was tense and stress generating enough for her to halt in her step and try to compose herself.

Mr Reed calmly placed a hand on her shoulder, making her look at him through watery eyes. "I will speak if you don't want to" to which she could only nod.

They made their way to the desk, Mr. Reed in front of them all.

"Excuse me," he asked, he waited until the women behind the desk looked at him to continue,"I would like to report a missing person"

"Ok sir, please fill in this" she said as she reached for a clipboard.

They went to sit in the uncomfortable chairs, each one showing the fear in different ways.

------------------------------------

Layla hadn't seen Gehiem since the day at his office, and she didn't know how to feel about it.

She prepared for the day, chosing her clothes and went towards the bathroom.

At least he had given her a bathroom, because it was really awkward to have Albert waiting outside the bathroom to escort her back to the room.

In the shower she let the water run on her body, letting it calm her, giving her temporal peace.

She started singing softly too her self, a song that reminded her of home.

"I see trees of green..." She started " Red roses too...I see them bloom..."

"...For me and you..." Finished another voice.

She froze of fear as the voice continued, "and I think to myself, what a wonderful world."

She recognized his voice and it was a relief in some way, in a way she couldn't comprehend.

Flashback

The waterfall before them roared loudly. It send shivers, of the good kind, down Layla's back.

"Have you heard Louis Armstrong?" Layla asked as she held on to Gehiem's hand tighter.

"Yes, my mother loved his music" he responded turning to look into her eyes.
The forest and waterfall seemed to stand out less as she looked into his eyes. They always mesmerised her, made her shiver with the feeling they gave off.

"Will you sing to me?" He whispered as he lowered his forehead to hers.

She closed her eyes and began whisper the words to him. She felt him embrace her and inhale her scent.

"I see trees of green, red roses too, I see them bloom, for me and you, and I think to myself, what a wonderful wor-"

Suddenly Layla felt a pair of soft lips against hers. Every part of her body was buzzing with emotion, their lips moving perfectly together, all was calm.

"Layla..." He sighed, rubbing her back slowly, looking into her eyes brought him peace, " I-I love you so much"

"I love you too"

That was the last time she saw him.