Chapter Seven

Albert nocked on Layla's door.
He was deeply frustrated. His boss could sometimes be a complete child.

What was he doing keeping this girl captive?

They didn't do that in their business. They were strictly only working drugs.

He sighed when there was no response at the door.

"Miss Layla?" He called out with his thick Russian accent.

When he heard no reply he just simply sighed.

What was he thinking years ago when he joined this gang? There must have been an alternative​ to the poor life he had back in Russia. Now he actually missed that tranquility.

Thanks to that impulsive decision, he was the right hand of one of the biggest gangs in Germany. He had worked for his boss's father.

He had helped him through the tough times of the war, he had tried to save him for the enemies hand.
He had watched him die, and he buried him next to his wife.

And now he was satisfying the wants of his new boss.

He nocked once more before giving up and opening the door.

"Miss Layla?" He asked as he looked around the room.

But no one was there. And the window was somehow opened.

He growled before taking his phone and dialing.

"Check the premises, she has escaped,she CANNOT  reach the village!" He barked before turning around and heading down the hall.

Layla was running.

As fast as her legs could carry her.

She ran through the trees, breathing heavily.

It was a very beautiful day.
The sun was shining brightly and the trees were full of delicious fruits.

Once she thought she was far away enough, she stopped and rested her hands on her knees.

Catching her breath, she looked around. She was in a clearing in the woods. Fruit trees surrounded her everywhere she looked, it was very beautiful and peaceful.

For an instant, she had forgotten where she was until she heard a branch snap nearby.

She looked around like a frightened animal, slowly moving towards the trees again.

As she took a step, the leaves crunched from under her feet. Another sound startled her, this time she was not taking any chances and she ran.

The wind blew her hair back, she didn't know where she was going at all.

She was starting to get tired, but she suddenly heard as if someone was following her.
If it was paranoia she didn't know, but she wouldn't stop to figure out if she was imagining or not.

Tears fell down her checks as she ran, she dodged the trees that were in her way and she jumped all the tree roots on the ground. Maybe PE worked after all.

"Layla!?" A familiar voice called her name and brought her to a sudden halt.

She was breathing heavily again as she slowly turned around to meet the person she had met a few years ago.

She gasped as she saw the young man before her, he was exactly as she remembered him.

Cold, captivating eyes that always seemed to allure her in, his soft hair had been cut shorter, but it made him seem more handsome. His factions of once a teenager were​ now transforming into those of a man. And his voice was still breathtaking as always. He was dressed in running clothes, like as if he was going for a morning jog.

"Geheim?" she called out weakly.

Was this some sort of dream?

Words couldn't formulate in her mind as she stared with wide eyes at her past lover.

"Layla" Geheim replied before reaching a hand out and saying "let's go, come with me"

"Is this a dream?" She voiced out her thoughts "Is this heaven? Im probably dead, aren't I? "

"No silly" he replied with a deep chuckle "come, let's go home" a shiver ran down her spine. She missed him.

"Home? Will you take me to Cris? To New York?" She pondered aloud.

"No," he replied "your staying with me"

She was confused.

"Why?" She asked and took a step back. "Are you with them?" She asked softly, when he didn't reply, she asked louder "Are you with them?!"

No words came out his mouth bringing Layla to suddenly become scared.

He walked slowly closer, making the leaves and branches snap under his footsteps.

When he was close enough, he whispered in her ear.

"You wanted to talk to me, right?"

Her eyes widened with fear and before she could control it, she kicked him in his private area.

She flinched at the contact but soon recovered, her eyes were wide and she couldn't hide her emotions. Tears streamed down her face, she quickly turned around and not wasting the distraction, she ran.

She was sobbing now, the only thing she could hear was the wind passing by her ear. The adrenaline and the will to go home were the only things making her move forward.

She didn't hear the steps close behind her, but she did feel a strong, cold hand grab her waist and pull her down.

She screamed as she struggled to escape out of the firm grasp, but it didn't seem useful at all, quite the contrary, he held on tighter.

"NO!! PLEASE!!! STOP!!" she yelled as he placed a black bag made out of cloth around her head, blinding her and making her squirm.

She was kicking and punching him as he swung her over his shoulder and carried her away.

After some time of him carrying her and more crying and trying to defend herself, they reached a truck and she was placed in the back seat.

Gehiem made his way to the passenger side.

"Let's go Albert" he commanded coldly and placed a CD in the stereo.

A tune that he was sure Layla would recognize played softly through the vehicle.

Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
I'll be watching you

Every single day
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay
I'll be watching you

Oh can't you see
You belong to me
My poor heart aches
With every step you take