Unexpected Always Happens...

Karthik couldn't sleep that night. Those few seconds of their togetherness created havoc in both. Shwetha was feeling very embarrassed thinking what would Karthik think. The night went sleepless for both of them.

Next day morning Karthik,Shwetha and Poorna departed to the mandapam. Poorna sat in the passenger seat and Shwetha sat behind. The ride was silent and Karthik often stole few glances at Shwetha through the mirror.

As they entered the mandapam, Karthik went to speak with his anna and anni. Shwetha followed him wherever he went. Following the previous night incident, they both were longing to speak with each other,but they couldn't.

Karthik was ready to leave and his whole family was gathered at the entrance to send off. None of them was happy sending him because he was the apple of the eye of his family. But due to unavoidable circumstances he had to go there. He bid bye to everyone. But his eyes were searching Shwetha. She was not present. Even her parents were there. He made some excuse and went inside the mandapam to look out for her,only to return disappointed. She was nowhere.

"Come on Karthik. It's becoming late. Take care and call me once you reach Chennai. Don't forget as usual.",his mother insisted him.

He was about to sit in the car when he saw Shwetha hiding behind a pillar far away from the entrance.

Why are you doing this Shwetha. I am waiting here only to see you. But you are standing far away from me. Please come here. I don't even know when will I see you again. Please come here Shwetha.

Karthik mumbled to himself. He waited few seconds for her to come. But she didn't. Then he sat inside the car and started and drove away.

Here Shwetha was sobbing. They both felt as if they were some long lost lovers. She knew that Karthik saw her. Still she couldn't go and stand before him,because if she went and stand before him,then definitely she will cry.

I don't why am I behaving like this. But sorry Karthik if I have hurt you. Take care and have a safe journey
Hope we will meet soon..

She said to herself and went inside her room only to see his photos in her mobile. She was able to collect his photos from Poorna's mobile during previous night and also she had captured few.

When she was watching his photos, Poorna came inside. "Why didn't you come there? Karthik went. I think he was searching for you."
"Actually I got an important call. So I was not able to come",Shwetha lied. Poorna sighed in disbelief.

"Whatever. Now come,the pooja is going to start",saying she dragged Shwetha out of her room.

The Sathyanarayana pooja was going on. Everyone were busy but Shwetha seemed to be lost in her own thoughts. She was looking at her mobile screen in which Karthik's contact number was there. Yes she stole it from Poorna's mobile.

It was afternoon and still she was in a confusion whether to call him or not. Suddenly she pressed the dial button but soon she cut it.

When she was lost in her confusion,she heard few gasps and went near Renuka aunty who now seemed to be beyond shock having mobile in her hands.

"What happened aunty? Why are you crying? Poorna what happened?" she asked. The answer she heard was the least expected.

On his way to Chennai, Karthik met with an accident.

Shwetha couldn't comprehend what she heard because he was standing well and good in front of her a few hours before. Now he met with an accident. This is called The unexpected always happens.